Author Topic: new member of our family  (Read 3881 times)

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
new member of our family
« on: February 03, 2008, 05:31:51 am »
So he finally made a decision, a husky  :-X  Ive had one before and im trying not to be biased but uh oh! Hes a cute little man, 2 months old and about 13 lbs.  He thinks that Rasputin, my pyr, is his mommy but Rasputin is having none of that!!! Even though the baby is a twentyith his size he has gone submissive for him a few times  :D  Hes peeing every 20-30 min but not letting me know when he needs too.  Right on the hard wood!!! Thats really strange for me.  Every puppy i have ever had hates going on solid floor, they prefer the carpet  :P  He doesnt even stop and whine, he just stops what hes doing and pees then continues on.  Any ideas?!

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: new member of our family
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 05:46:49 am »
Here is a pic of the new boy, Valis.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 06:20:25 am »
Issy used to run the house playing with her toys and/or Daphne and in the middle of playing she'd just squat and pee!!!  Then one day, out of nowhere she went to the back door, stared at me and started to whine.  Hasn't had an accident since!!  Good luck

Oh, and he's so precious!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 06:26:47 am »
Oh my gosh! Congrats on your sweet new addition! Valis is a cutie! I second what everyone else is saying about potty training. I would be jumping up and down for joy if Miles always had peed on a hard surface. hahaha.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 06:32:26 am »
So cute! Is that a pee puddle I see on the floor behind Valis, in front of the person's knees? Hee hee!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 07:01:17 am »
LOL!!!!  :D  Looks like it  ;)  What should i do at night while we are all sleeping?  We are thinking of crate training him but out Pyr and Chiuahua are not.  Will that cause any problems?  Can you have one dog that is in a crate and others that are not?

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 07:26:15 am »
He is jsut precious!!  And those ears are way too cute!!

As for the crate training, I think that should be fine.  In fact I don't know what I would have done if I were'nt able to crate train, I would've got crazy!!  I still crate to this day if I have to go out for any amount of time and there is noone else home to take care of the dogs.  :)  As to the peeing...Just do what everyone else here has said to do, they know what they're talking about!  Every half hour diligently.  At night you'll need to wake up probably a few times during the night to take him out, but he'll be through that stage before you know it!  ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 07:31:14 am »
Call me daft, but its ok to have one dog that is crate trained?  The other two are trustworthy but he is not, yet.  So have Valis in a crate but Rasputin and China running around at night?