Author Topic: dog bed  (Read 9381 times)

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
Re: dog bed
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2005, 08:29:31 pm »
I have an Idea I want to do for dixie. Get a lounge chair coushin for outside patio furniture. Then all you would have to do it hose it off to clean. Get the cleanable ones not the cloth.  They are pretty long and are soft.
Boxer slobbers from Dixie and Brutis

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005, 09:31:01 pm »
Wow, you guys are really high tech.  I need to get some more comforters for Gunther.  He is really good about not eating or tearing apart his beds.  He sleeps on our bed at night, unless he decides to sleep on the floor.  Hubby sleeps on the couch in the living room (snoring), so there's plenty of room for Gunther with me.

He also has a store bought pillow thing, and an old sleeping bag that he likes to always rearrange.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2005, 08:09:20 am »
I just found a great deal on dog bed covers.  I have ordered two and plan to fill one with some bean bag beads I have and one with old comforters.  If I like these I plan to order several more, at $10. each it is a steal. 

Lisa
 http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/asp/base_no.98328/dept_id./est./qx/product.htm
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline DaneMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2005, 10:12:27 pm »
i am having a hard time with my dane right now because all she wants to do it chew up everything even though she needs the cusion cause she just got spayed. so i took her comforter away because she had it torn to shreds and i didnt want her to eat any. what do i do for a dog that eats and tears up everything???? is there a bed or something a pup cant tear up??

ANGEL

Blair

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2005, 10:15:18 pm »
Here is Mr. Grey's bed  :D

Offline Kristen

• Ankle Biter
  • Tyrone and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2005, 01:19:23 am »
Aww, Mr. Grey looks comfortable in his bed  ;D.
The big dogs have dog houses with cedar chips in them. When I let them inside occasionally, they usually sleep on my bed, a rug, or a bean bag.
Jacques is the spoiled guy. He has a $12 Wal-Mart chaise lounge and a $10 normal dog bed, lol. He mostly sleeps on my bed though. I have a L shaped pillow that I like to tilt so that it looks like an upside down V. Jacques and I fight over who gets to sleep in the center of it, lol. Jacques usually wins  ;).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 01:22:54 am by Kristen »
Kristen & The Dog Gang
Sled dogs rule!

Sherwen- Alaskan husky
Tyrone- Alaskan husky
Kaltag "Kallie"- Canadian Inuit dog/Malamute
Jacques- Bichon frise

Offline LoveNewfies

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2005, 08:13:28 am »
Well, now I feel my Jillian is really spoiled - we bought her a Simmons Beauty Rest for dogs and built a frame, headboard and footboard :P 

The cover zips off for easy cleaning and the mattress itself has a waterproof covering.

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2005, 08:46:08 am »
I found a crib mattress for Sophie for free using www.freecycle. org.  freecycle is soooo awesome. Each city has a freecycle yahoo group and then you can ask or give away things for free.  People will just come and pick anything up.  I even had someone come and get a bucket of beer and soda caps  :P  (I was going to do some nifty craft project but they were just taking up way to much space...)  Anyways... its a really easy way to declutter   :)
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

smohr

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2005, 03:46:53 pm »
I went to a place that cuts different thicknesses of foam rubber, bought four-inch thick pieces (one in 6-ft round diameter and one in 7-ft. square) and at the same place they sold tent fabric.  The tent fabric was like THICK denim.  I sewed covers for the beds and left a space open that closed by Velcro.  I covered the Velcro with a nasty nail biting treatment and both my dogs loved them.  Neither chewed up the beds and the covers were easy to wash.  While the covers were being washed, I washed the foam in the bathtub, squeased the excess water out and the foam rubber dried quickly over two tension rods I hung in the shower.  It worked for me...