Author Topic: Shaking Front Legs  (Read 10845 times)

Offline Mainebernese

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Shaking Front Legs
« on: February 07, 2008, 08:15:18 pm »
SO, I wanted to get advice from the knowledgable people on this site about Cooper consistent issue.  Since he was about 10 weeks old, we have noticed that his front legs shake from time to time.  We asked our vet about it and he said that he had no lameness in his joints, so it was probably just growing pains or him being nervous.  In the past month, his shaking has been happening a little more often.  When I touch his front legs and joints, he acts fine, it doesn't hurt him at all.  He only shakes when he is sitting/laying down/standing still (never while playing and running around).  Anyone have any similiar experiences or idea if this is just growing pains...or could it be Pano? 
Kaitlen

Cooper ~ 1 year old Bernese Mountain Dog
Coda (aka ruler of the household) ~ 5 year old, chubby grumpy, male cat
Ava (sister to the ruler) ~ 5 year old petite angel, female cat

Offline Mainebernese

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Shaking Front Legs
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 04:58:13 pm »
His front legs really only shake when he is sitting or laying down relaxing.  I can pet him and he is happy as can be, but they still shake.  He never has issues getting up from the laying or sitting position.  It happens at all times of the day.  It probably is growing pains, since he is still growing quite a bit.  Maybe I am just being paranoid...I've just never had a dog whose legs shake like Cooper's. 
Kaitlen

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 03:55:10 am »
Has the dog had any x-rays?  Our Newfie's rear legs shaking turned out to be a skeletal issue.
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline Mainebernese

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 04:06:13 am »
No x-rays yet...our Vet didn't seem to think he needed them at this point.  How old was your Newfie when it started having problems and when you found out about the skeletal issue? 
Kaitlen