Author Topic: HI From ALASKA and the MALS  (Read 6143 times)

Offline NarniaMals

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
HI From ALASKA and the MALS
« on: February 09, 2008, 03:08:11 am »
Just wanted to introduce myself - We live in Alaska.  I have a 18 month Alaskan Huskey and 2 unbelievable Alaskan Malamutes that are 10 months old.  The Huskey is my daughters by the MALS are mine!  We live in "suburbia" by Alaskan standards, but .....    I am trying to get a picture on the profile but struggling and am happy to have joined the site.  I work full time in education and spend my free time with my family (including the pups).  Always searching for info on the mals and how to keep them happy! Looking forward to hearing from anyone out there with large breed info!

Marianne and the MALS
Marianne and the MALS
Jadis (Queen of Narnia - The White Witch) and
Vander  (One of her loyal guardians)
also Maulgrim (our Huskey - Head guardian and our little alpha dog!)

Offline NarniaMals

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: HI From ALASKA and the MALS
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 03:46:12 am »
Thank you!  Was able to post a relatively recent picture (Prior to Christmas!)  We are excited to be part of the group!  Looking forward to reading and sharing!  New to the Mal and Large Breed World - but truly loving it!
 Enjoy the DAY
Marianne and the MALS

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 06:31:17 am »
Welcome Marianne! I'm always glad to see and meet another Mal owner! I'm Marissa, and my girls are Zoey my 3 year old Malamute and her "sister" Dolly a Saint Bernard. Zoey's my first Mal too, but I have really come to love this breed. Can't wait to hear more about your 2 and see more pictures of them hopefully.  :)
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 08:31:24 am »
Welcome! and beautiful babies!
Max-3 Year old Golden/Lab cross
Buddy-8 Year old English Cocker Spaniel
Bear-4 month old Great Pyrenees
Tigger-barn kitty
Shiloh-9 year old Painthorse

lorim2

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 05:07:33 pm »
Welcome!  Cant wait to see more pics..I too work in Education and love it!  Especially all the time off to spend with my huge family.  Your babies are beautiful and cant wait to see more pics!

Offline NarniaMals

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 06:41:15 pm »
Great to hear from all of you!  Still trying to navigate around the site.  Finally getting some more snow up here - Its been quite cold and dry with lots of ice on the road - difficult for walking with the dogs - still too young to pull.  Got my big boy out tonight for a decent walk - still did a lot of sliding.  Hopefully with a couple of inches of fresh snow things will get better - anyone have any ideas on bones/chews that last longers than 3 or 4 days?  My MALS absolutely love to chew - have been great about NEVER chewing my stuff, shoes, etc, but replacing chew toys gets a bit pricey when we have 3.  Just trying to find the best ones out there -  Right now we have saved rawhides for special occassions since they go through them quickly - Have found knuckle bones and "real" bones (from the pet store) are the best bet - any other ideas?????  They love to munch out!

Thanks for all your comments!

Snowing in AK - FINALLY!
Marianne and the MALS

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 06:42:11 am »
I had a "Malamutt" for seven years.  His name was Samson.  I think he was Malamute and GSD...not entirely sure, but he was the most gorgeous creature that ever walked the Earth (in my opinion, lol).  He had severe epilepsy and required alot of extra care....but he was worth every second of it.  We lost him almost two years ago, and I still miss him every day.  He was the Dog of My Life. 
You are lucky to have two Mals....they are stubborn buggars, but so loving!
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 05:08:55 pm »
Welcome to BPO.   I have never had a Mal but very much admire them. My crew is listed below in my signature. I can't wait to hear more from you and see pictures  ;)