Author Topic: Zoey's broken butt  (Read 19096 times)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Zoey's broken butt
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 11:20:21 am »
Take a deep breath, actually take a few!  Research each of the things that Zoey has (some I'm sure you already have!) some of them may be related, maybe the lyme disease has been causing some of her other issues. 

Quite a few of us have been through the double and triple wammies, we are all here for you.  Sending lots of peace to you and Zoey. :-*
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Icerotti

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 01:28:07 pm »
I am so sorry you have so much to deal with all at once. What a shock. You are a fantastic doggie momma. Just deal with what you can at the time. WE are all here to give you support.(((((((HUGS)))))))

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 07:16:55 pm »
I'm so sorry.  Poor Zoey.  Poor you.  You are a great mom to her, don't think any different.  Just take it day by day.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline ratdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 08:09:48 pm »
You are such a great momma! Here's my rec. take a bath, candles, wine and Zoey cuddles.

I totally agree. With both statements. In fact, when the stress starts piling on, take another bath with candles and wine. And another. And another. And give your sweet baby hugs, hugs, hugs. Please don't beat yourself up. You are doing all that you can to take care of your puppy. Nobody could do more. Prayers go out to the both of you.
Best friends forever:
Tal, my cat, 1990-2007
Ratdog, my dog, 1992-2004

My new love:
Cody

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 10:36:41 pm »
Oh wow, I just read this thread & got caught up.  What an hard day you both had!  I'm sorry that you are going through all of this especially w/your hubby out of town.  That must make it all so much tougher.  You are doing a great job though, so give yourself a big pat on the back!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Lyn

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 03:40:25 am »
Poor Zoey. Her bum looks so sore. :(

I wish I was closer so I could help.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 02:27:54 pm »
Zoey is doing pretty ok today. Last night was really tough. She would sleep for an hour and then wake up and cry for an hour and then sleep for an hour, and then cry for an hour. I slept on the floor in the living room with her so she wouldnt feel lonely but I ended up going unpatirs halfway through the night since she started barking adn growling at me i felt like she just wanted to be alone.

I had to put the ecollar on her for the day while iu was at work and she HATED it. I felt so bad for her - she kept putting her head down so the collar would get caught on the floor. She's much happier now that im home cause she doesn't have to wear it when I can keep an eye on her.

The only thing that is concerning me is that she isnt going to the bathroom normally. She pooped yesterday and today but it was really strained so i picked up a high fiber food to make it easier. But she hasnt peed at all last night or today even though she has had water.

Right now shes not crying to much - just a little off and on. I'm gonna give her her dinner and meds in a bit, and try and clean her bum while she's eating. Wish me luck
RIP former BPO

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 02:32:41 pm »
both of you are in my thoughts.  What an ordeal.  but you will get through it with her.  Give her a big kiss.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 04:25:24 pm »
Well she finally peed - unfortunately it was in the middle of her bed  ::) I feel bad cause she only hs one bed that she actually likes, and now i have to take it away when she's most sore because it's saturated with pee  :-\

but on the upside, she hasnt cried once since I gave her her evening pain killer this afternoon
RIP former BPO

Icerotti

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 04:29:46 pm »
AWww Zoey you poor sweet girl.  What a rough day. Hope you are feeling much better with the meds.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 08:28:08 pm »
Awwww, poor Zoey with her sore bum & poor you.  You must be exhausted.  I hope that you both sleep well tonight. 

Fiber is a good idea, but is there a stool softener that your vet can prescribe, too?  I'm guessing that both might make her more comfortable until she's healed inside.  Owwwwww...  :(
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 01:29:33 pm »
I can't realy say much because I am still too upset, but I wanted you all to know... After I posted about Zoey doing ok, so started crying again, andn then around midnight she took a turn for the worse. Her stiches bust on her butt and she was crying and barking unconsollably, so I took her to tufts emergency room. The only way the vet could get to stop crying was to sedate her, and it was clear that the issue was more serious than we thought and she we would not be able to make her happy and healthy again. So I had to do the right thing for her and let her be free from pain. It was such a hard decision for me, especially since dan was not there to say goodbye to her, but I know it was the right thing to do for her with all her health issues and she is finally at peace.

I know that I did the right thing for her, but knowing that doesn't make it any easier and I have been crying hysterically all day. I feel like a zombie and now it is so hard to be home alone and know that she isn't here and she isn't coming back. I think I am going to go visit dan in texas cause we are both havingh a hard time being alone. I miss her so much  :'(
RIP former BPO

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 01:33:19 pm »
OMG OMG OMG!!!! I am so sorry. I just can't believe it. Sweet Zoey - she's not suffering anymore. It really sucks to do the right thing sometimes.

Oh my. All good thoughts to you. This must feel so bad. :'(
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Icerotti

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2008, 01:33:44 pm »
Oh Heather your last post brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry to hear Zoey was in so much pain. YOu made the right decision as hard it was. She is free of all the pain. My heart goes out to you at this difficult time. (((HUGS))))

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2008, 01:34:27 pm »
OMG Heather! I am so sorry for your loss  :'( :'( :'(
I don't even know what to say...It must be so hard on you

RIP sweet Zoey

(((((hugs))))))
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)