Author Topic: The dyson animal rocks  (Read 7022 times)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
The dyson animal rocks
« on: February 13, 2008, 08:46:52 am »
So I'm still stressing about Zoey's butt, but there's one thing that I am pretty excited about right now. This weekend I finally gave in and shelled out the $550 to buy a dyson animal. It is wonderful! It is SO strong and so easy to use. I don't like the way the attachments attach to the vacuum, but I love how strong it is and it is so awesome how easy it is to empty it out.

I took a before/after picture of the furriest carpet in the house (this ojne absorbs hair more than others and I havent vaccuumed it in a few weeks). Look what a difference it made after just one pass! Sorry the pic is so small i shrunk it on accident and couldnt unshrink it
RIP former BPO

DenverFurKiddos

Re: The dyson animal rocks
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 09:39:48 am »
I've had my eye on one of those for a while now!  Do you know what the warranty is???

Erin

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 12:01:53 pm »
Oh yes, amazing machine!  I LOVE mine.  I use it to clean everything I can, haha.  I remember when I brought it home, I vacuumed with the old vacuum, and then I did it with the Dyson... and let me just say EWWW!  I couldn't believe how fast the canister filled up.  Whenever we're cleaning, I tell my husband "Don't vacuum!!  *I'll* do it!"  ;D  Everyone said we were crazy for spending that much on a vacuum, but I'd do it again!!

I'm not sure what the warranty is... and the dyson webpage is being wonky and not loading, so I can't help you there!

ETA: here's the info http://www.dyson.com/support/help.asp?product=DC07-ANIMAL_US&article=916

And why did I go to that website?!  They have a handheld thing now?!  OMG, I neeeeed it!!  :D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 12:07:58 pm by Erin »

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 12:05:36 pm »
We have all hardwood, which you think would be easier but...it's not!

Do you know if it works on hard surfaces?  ???
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita

Erin

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 12:09:12 pm »
We have all hardwood, which you think would be easier but...it's not!

Do you know if it works on hard surfaces?  ???

I use mine on hard surfaces, in the kitchen, bathroom, etc.  Works great! 

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 12:19:18 pm »
I will attest it works great on all surfaces as well.  My beloved Dane VooDoo was a fan of the flat attachemnt for grooming.  She would pursue me when I had the vaccume going for a message.
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

Offline willowtree

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 12:39:11 pm »
If any of you have a Kohl's charge card, when you order it online the Dyson Animal is $441 (saw it on an online deal site this morning).  It's the Dyson DC15 Animal model that is on sale.

Details here:  http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=738736&page=3

It's all explained on this website, but if anyone was looking to buy one... I'm not quite ready to bit the bullet yet.  Hope it is ok to post something like that, I figure it might help someone looking to buy one.
Maddox-- My big black something mix puppy

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 04:44:07 pm »
It has a 5 year warranty, and it's good on all surfaces. So far I have just used it on carpet, wood, and my stairs, and it's been great on all of them. And I agree the canister does get full every time I use it but it's so easy to clean and I'm like 'there was that much dust and fur on my floor'  :o
RIP former BPO

Offline BalthiesMom

• Ankle Biter
  • Dog is my Co-Pilot! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 05:43:28 am »
We have this Dyson and it ROCKS! 

My in-law's gifted us with it for Christmas/Holidays a few years ago (um...is that a hint, MIL?) when we lived in a condo in Athens that was carpeted. In full agreement with all the other testimonials here, it made a HUGE difference in our carpet from the very first use.  Maybe *part* of it is psychological, as I watch every particle of dust, fur, and junk visibly swirling around inside that magnificent clear whatchamagig that captures the dirt.  But either way, the thing works!

We have since moved to a home that is all hardwood flooring, with the exception of one very shaggy carpet room and one limestone kitchen. We continue to use the Dyson animal vac and it really, really works. The attachments work beautifully on our sofas and UNDER furniture where those lovely tumbleweeds of fur love to reside.

Highly recommended!
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be measured in the way its animals are treated." Gandhi

You can lead a compassionate lifestyle by saving animal lives, caring for our planet, and nurturing your health!  Visit www.goveg.org

"Be the change you wish to see in this world." Gan

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 11:21:20 am »
So jealous! I want one!!!  :(
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven