Author Topic: I'm officially the worst pet owner !!!!!!!!!!  (Read 10873 times)

Offline zeus1

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
I'm officially the worst pet owner !!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 16, 2008, 08:03:46 am »
Poor Zeus he's not even 2 years old and already he has had his shoulder scoped , lyme disease , and now he tore his acl yahhhhh who's a good dog owner!!!!!!!!!!!! Well let's hope i do betta with Nikos then Zeus , here's a pic of the two boys .

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: I'm officially the worst pet owner !!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 08:51:33 am »
It's not what you have done (it's obviously NOT your fault) but how you will get it fixed  ;)
Poor Zeus  :'( he has some treatments ahead  :'(
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 08:59:25 am »
Poor boy!!  :-[  He sounds like me but in puppy form!  :P  Im always going to the ER because of something ive done to myself  :D

Offline zeus1

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 09:01:32 am »
Yah i know its not my fault but i still feel like crap!! I had the surgery done about two weeks ago , so he's hobbling around now so hopefully in 12 weeks he will be somewhat back to normal

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 12:28:23 pm »
No, the worst pet owner, would not KNOW that anything was wrong with their dog because,
a.   the animal would never go to the vet
b.   the animal would never spend enough time with the owner for them to notice anything wrong
c.   the owner would not care enough to check to see if anything was wrong

Sorry, that dubious honor is not yours and hopefully, will never belong to any of us.  You obviously love both of your kids, fur and skin.  They are both absolutely beautiful, BTW.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 12:37:16 pm »
No, the worst pet owner, would not KNOW that anything was wrong with their dog because,
a.   the animal would never go to the vet
b.   the animal would never spend enough time with the owner for them to notice anything wrong
c.   the owner would not care enough to check to see if anything was wrong

Sorry, that dubious honor is not yours and hopefully, will never belong to any of us.  You obviously love both of your kids, fur and skin.  They are both absolutely beautiful, BTW.
Kathy

Wow, well said, Kathy!  I totally agree!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline zeus1

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 12:42:43 pm »
I know what your saying i just feel bad for him. Thats all i know im not the worst pet owner, just feel so bad for the guy . :'(

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 12:44:41 pm »
Awww poor Zeus.  I bet that he's achy & uncomfortable.  Does the vet have him on pain meds while he recovers? 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 01:27:28 pm »
Poor Zeus I hope he has a quick recovery! Kali sends him slobbers. Nikos has gotten so big and is so adorable!
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 07:28:12 pm »
You certainly aren't the worst owner, and remember how active your boy is. I remember having to drag him out of the water back in Sept and he wasn't happy till we let him back in the water. Things will happen, it sucks, but you certaily seam to make sure he gets the best care you can get him. Like Erin said give him a hug from our crew and hopeful Zues will be feeling better in May before we make our last beach doggy trip before the season starts.

Offline zeus1

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 06:16:04 am »
Yes he's on pain meds twice a day , so we will see how things go hopefully he makes a good recovery like Fumbles did,and then more swimming for activity then running around lol.

Offline newfs4me

• Gnawer
  • Sheba Lou
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 06:23:14 am »
Pretty new here to the boards but I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry about Zues and hope he makes a speedy recovery!  Dogs are pretty resiliant and can handle a lot of pain so I'm sure he's just wondering what's going on and why he can't run around right now but he'll be back to his same old self in no time.  How did he tear the ACL?  I get so worried about my ShebaLou cuz she likes to chase the kittens around the house and it just takes one slip and fall for an accident like this to happen! :'(  Good Luck Zues and the baby is adorable too!

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 09:31:11 am »
Poor Zeus...but it's not your fault! Following up with vet and keeping him on his meds and treatments plans makes you the best pet mommy ever!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline zeus1

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 10:23:36 am »
It must have been tearing slowley over time cause the day it happened was a typical walk in the woods and then back to the house where he was lying outside. I called him in cause i was going to work and he was fine i came home later and he wouldnt walk on it at all , so i dont know if he did something while in the house but he's usually pretty docile once he's in. So who knows but surgery is done dr says it looks good so we will see .

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 05:41:48 pm »
Oh poor Zeus!!  but, you're not the worst pet owner!!!  the worst pet owners are the ones who absolutely neglect their pets and don't take care of them...  Zeus has a fantastic family... it's just "luck of the draw" that he's got some health problems.  Fumble wasn't even 2 yet and he tore both of his acl's, had numerous staph and ear infections, and then this past fall had to have a gastropexy (thank god it wasn't emergency)... but i always say "in the big word of destiny, i got fumble becuase someone up there knew that iwould take care of him come h*ll or high water"... You just keep doing what you're doing and lovin on Zeus and that makes you an A+ parent!!!

Give Zeus our love! and fumble sends drooly kisses and tells him he's been there! and it's just a matter of time before the klutzy newf gets the right foot in front of the other without injury! 
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!