Author Topic: An introduction.. We have a name!  (Read 15436 times)

Nicole

Re: An introduction and name suggestions!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 09:20:13 am »
hahaha, Mango. CUTE!

So, what is the story?! Where is he coming from? I guess I've missed a lot! I feel bad I haven't been checking in enough. Is Lola going to be cool with another dog? (If I recall, she was not very um...happy with other dogs, right?)

Yup I'm positive Lola will be fine this time. Her problem turned out to be female/female aggression with other large dogs. Expecially dominant females. We have been working alot with her though.. just can't get past her issues with other girls.

Honestly.. He is from an opps litter. She is a good hearted person that admits her screw up and is taking all the right steps to place the pups in big paw experienced homes. We were debating on it since they were born.. But I didn't want to mention him until I knew for sure he was mine. So you didn't miss anything. ;)

Ohhh, I guess I did miss that Lola has female/female issues. See, I do miss stuff!!! And, when babies are eating more brain cells than you had to begin with, you forget what you already knew. Sorry!!! hahaha!

Well, he's super adorable, either way. I'm sure Lola will just love him to bits when she meets him!

Nicole

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 09:21:59 am »
LMAO Mango.. Hubby isn't too keen on Magnus. So that might be a no go.  :-\

The Chicago Bears used to have a player, Steve McMichael and his nickname was "Mongo".  He was a brute!!!!
Just a thought.

Oooh! Mongo! That's cute!

Lyn

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 10:32:13 am »
hahaha, Mango. CUTE!

So, what is the story?! Where is he coming from? I guess I've missed a lot! I feel bad I haven't been checking in enough. Is Lola going to be cool with another dog? (If I recall, she was not very um...happy with other dogs, right?)

Yup I'm positive Lola will be fine this time. Her problem turned out to be female/female aggression with other large dogs. Expecially dominant females. We have been working alot with her though.. just can't get past her issues with other girls.

Honestly.. He is from an opps litter. She is a good hearted person that admits her screw up and is taking all the right steps to place the pups in big paw experienced homes. We were debating on it since they were born.. But I didn't want to mention him until I knew for sure he was mine. So you didn't miss anything. ;)

Ohhh, I guess I did miss that Lola has female/female issues. See, I do miss stuff!!! And, when babies are eating more brain cells than you had to begin with, you forget what you already knew. Sorry!!! hahaha!

Well, he's super adorable, either way. I'm sure Lola will just love him to bits when she meets him!

It's been just over a year now of working with her. I know I posted some of her progress but it was pretty slow for awhile there. At first she was lashing out at any dog that came near her including Bubba. I ready to check myself into a mental institution. LOL Once the stress level went down she started targeting individual dogs. Stella was actually the one that brought up the female/female aggression way back when. I was curious so we tested her further and voila! It's been a couple months now and no progress. She doesn't want any girly friends. :'(

Lyn

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 10:34:53 am »
Hahahah Mongo! You watch hubby will like that one. ;D My son wants to call him Ace. :( But I realllly don't like Ace. So I need to cohearse him into something else. LOL

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 11:36:45 am »
Congrats Lyn. He's beautiful (love those pink toes!).  I'm rotten at naming but like dogs named Capone, Gabriel (Gabe), and Nero.  Also Chester, Miles and Milo.  Good luck - and keep the pics coming!
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

lorim2

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 12:15:34 pm »
Another fav...Guinness!!!  I think thats how you spell it...Hes gonna be a strong irish fellow!!  I think thats a great name...and who doesnt like Guinness?  hahaha

Lyn

Re: An introduction.. We have a name!
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 05:42:15 am »
It's official! His name is.... Mongo! hahahahah

Has anyone watched the movie Blazing Saddles? There is a big dumb brute named Mongo in it.

As soon as I mentioned the name to my hubby he busted out laughing and said it's perfect. LOL

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 05:50:45 am »
That is too funny!!!  I didn't think he'd go for Mongo!  When do you get him?
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Lyn

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 06:03:02 am »
I know! I was shocked. LOL Not until the middle of March, he's almost 5 weeks old now.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2008, 09:29:11 am »
Awwww, congrats!  Is little Mongo close enough to you now that you can go visit him and smell his puppy breath?  He is just adorable & I can't wait to see more of him.  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Lyn

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 10:45:41 pm »
Mongo is now 6 weeks old and weighs a whopping 11 pounds 2 ounces. :o Looks like his name is definitely going to suit him. LOL

New pics will be coming soon.  ;)

« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 10:46:21 pm by Lyn »