Author Topic: Cody's Antics  (Read 4350 times)

Offline ratdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Cody's Antics
« on: February 21, 2008, 12:51:58 pm »
This is something out of a Charlie Brown show. It goes with, "Where's your homework?" "My dog ate it." I was paying bills and had to go up front to see mom about something (I forgot it was her birthday today. I'm so ashamed. I'm taking her out for dinner tonight - anywhere she wants to go. :^) and left everything on the breakfast room table. I thought I'd pushed it far enough from the edge to keep Cody away from it. Well, I came back and could not find the payment stub to one of my bills. I looked all over the table several times and was looking around on the other table when my mom came in and I told her what was going on. We were talking about what I could have done with it (I'm forever misplacing stuff - I misplaced my cell phone TWICE yesterday, sigh) when I looked down at Cody and saw PART of the payment stub at her feet and her little mouth was just a chomping. I picked up what was left (fortunately the more important part of it) and got the rest of it out of her mouth. We were laughing so hard. I put a note on the left over portion of the stub that my puppy had eaten the other part. I'd like to see the expression on the face of the person who processes it. :^)

My sweet Cody. Doesn't she look so innocent? Here she is at the table - again!

Best friends forever:
Tal, my cat, 1990-2007
Ratdog, my dog, 1992-2004

My new love:
Cody

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Cody's Antics
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 04:23:10 pm »
That's so funny!  She was just customizing your payment stub to make your account memorable.  What a clever girl!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline ratdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Cody's Antics
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 09:41:25 pm »
LMAO!
Whoever opens that bill for processing will be telling that story to the family that night. See, not only do our BPs bring joy to our lives, they can enrich the lives of total strangers. Way to go, Cody!
Stella

People who don't have dogs must have dull lives. Way too predictable.
Best friends forever:
Tal, my cat, 1990-2007
Ratdog, my dog, 1992-2004

My new love:
Cody