Author Topic: Saying Good Bye one more time  (Read 3024 times)

bigdogs@5501

Saying Good Bye one more time
« on: February 21, 2008, 01:53:09 pm »
I am about to leave the house with the last little badger boy. He will be going to his forever home tonight. This is just not getting any easier. I am confident in my feelings with the new family that he will be loved and cherished so that makes this task a little easier. I am going to try and not cry and try and hold it together so that his new mom doesnt think I am psycho nuts, or worse yet on drugs since if I cry my eyes will be red and puffy.
He is going to be local. His new mom says that we will stay in touch and I think that his new mom is going to stay in touch with Dawn and Leslie ( the boys mom and Willows mom)
I am hoping that Ally (new mom) will join BPO and I also have hopes that this little guy and Piglet will get to have some play dates together.
Yes its official  - Piglet is a keeper- but then again how many of you knew that months ok- Ok chin up - right- this is what it is all about- rescue work is tough darnit....

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Saying Good Bye one more time
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 02:45:42 pm »
I was just about to PM you and ask how it was going when I saw your post.  It sounds like you've found another wonderful home, great work!  I know that tonight will be tough for you,  :'(  but when you get home give that sweet Piglet a big snuggle.  I'm sooooo glad that she's staying with your family.  It just sounded like too perfect of a fit from the beginning.  ;)  ;D  I hope that Ally will post soon and let us know how the badger boy is doing and it's great that he'll be local so that you'll be able to see him, too.  Do you know what his name is going to be yet?  Hang in there, Paige.  You've done an amazing job with that Pyr family. ((hugs))
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 03:59:12 pm »
You are truly an angel on earth.  Just thinking about what you have done and are doing for these little bundles of fur gives me goose bumps and now you are sharing those precious little babies with someone else, to give them the opportunity to offer them love, and comfort for the rest of their lives.  I know how much I think about the people who took the time and cared enough to do it for Jake and Cody and giving me the opportunity to have them in my lives.  The new families will feel the same for what you have done for them.  Hang in there.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 05:44:51 pm »
OMG I am such a dork. I was in such a tizzy about taking the baby to his new mom that I paid no attention what so ever to putting on my shoes. So I get there- love Ally, she is going to be a super Pyr mommy, then we go outside to let the baby see his new back yard and guess what? I have on 2 DIFFERENT shoes. They are crocs, one is black and the other blue - I could have crawled in a hole at this point. Oh and one is the one with the holes and the other is the winter one- no holes grrrrrr
Ally was not at all scared that I was on some type of mind altering drugs and even understood how hard it was to leave the baby. We both laughed about the shoes and then loved on the baby some more. He would go to her and give her a kiss then come and give me a kiss. He absolutely loved his new backyard and was such the little clown.

I am comfortable, sad, but comfortable. Thanks to all of you guys for the kind words and support. I would give up a lot to just be able to go back to that first day when I sat with those babies in my lap and looked on at them in amazement. I knew that my adventure was going to be short lived and it was killing me that day to even imagine a day like today.

Ally and Jim are going to give my baby badger a very good life, I feel that in my heart, so I was able to hold him once last time and give him and kiss and leave.
I say hold one last time because the next time I see him- he is going to be too be to hold.

So I will stop crying and will certainly pay more attention in the morning so as to not show up at work as the ultimate dork with 2 different shoes... I cant even begin to explain the horror when I realized what I had done... dork, dork, dork.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 07:03:04 pm »
OK you are so not a dork, but a great source of entertainment today!!!!LOL  It sounds like you have found all those babies good homes.  Again, good for you and congrats on a job well done!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 01:54:40 am »
I have one little boy left- a solid white baby boy- so I will have to endure the good byes one more time- I just havent found him the right home yet- but I am sure that there is the perfect family just waiting for thier baby.

lorim2

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 02:34:41 am »
Ok..so you know I will not let you live that one down!!