Author Topic: Thank you for all the support  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Momdog

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the support
« on: February 22, 2008, 04:55:11 am »
I want to thank everyone for the condolences and support regarding bringing Buddy and Dolly to my home.  I have gotten such wonderful information and it is making things less scarey for me.  I know that I am doing the right thing because it feels right, I know that it will take time and that I can't rush them to become settled.  I can't wait to get a good picture so that I can post it, so you can see how beautiful he is.  Sometimes I think he is too much for Dolly (lab mix), when they play because he is so much larger.  I can't wait to see them this weekend.  I am not sure if we will get to bring them home or if it will be next weekend.  Thank you all so much

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you for all the support
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 08:57:50 am »
Sometimes I think he is too much for Dolly (lab mix), when they play because he is so much larger. 

My retriever/sheltie mix, Tipper, is only 40lbs compared to Jenny's 100lbs and they do really well together. They love to wrestle with each other. A couple of times Jenny has pawed Tipper too hard and he lets her know that he doesn't like it with a warning bark, and she responds really well. She is really gentle for such a big dog, and it seems like this can be said of most Pyrs. They are bred to move more slowly to not disturb sheep, etc., and are not hyper as adult dogs.

When we go to the wooded trails near my home there is this  fluffball tiny dog (I'm not sure what kind, but really little) that we see often and Jenny adores this dog--wants to follow it and play with it, it's really cute to see.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 09:06:19 am by pyr4me »
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 09:11:59 am »
MomDog,I found this board just recently myself and LOVE it! I love all the doggy owners and learning about the different breds and I love how many pyr people are on here,you can mention Pyrenees and they all jump to it! ha..ha.. Wonderful!
Max-3 Year old Golden/Lab cross
Buddy-8 Year old English Cocker Spaniel
Bear-4 month old Great Pyrenees
Tigger-barn kitty
Shiloh-9 year old Painthorse

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 05:31:22 pm »
I just want to add my two cents about my "terrible two".  Naja is my 75lb + Great Pyr, and Moo is a 17 lbs Cairn Terrier/Toy Poodle mix.  They roll around and rough house like it's nobodies business and I have never heard so much as a yelp from Moo, angry frustrated barking when Naja doesn't want to play anymore yes, Pained yelp never.   ;)

BTW:  Good luck bringing them home, I can't wait to hear about how they are adjusting.  :)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!