Author Topic: Rose had to go to the hospital yesterday  (Read 2091 times)

angelsmama

Rose had to go to the hospital yesterday
« on: February 22, 2008, 07:02:00 pm »
The 20th Rose got sick, she woke up coughing, running a fever and hoarse. It seemed to get better as the night went on until night came then she got back sick acting again. Her fever peaked to 102.8 , but with Tylenol it was brought back down. My mom, Jason and myself all agreed that if she was still sick in the morning she would go to the Dr. Well they took one look at her and said she needed to head to the hospital, despite her oxygen level being at 95%. Well she doesn't have the flu, or RSV. It's pneumonia , but we caught it early and took very well to the treatment she received at the hospital and her Dr released us at 5p with meds. She's due back in a week for a follow up appointment..

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Re: Rose had to go to the hospital yesterday
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 07:10:23 pm »
Awwww. Poor baby! Glad you were on top of it though, and got it under control before it could really cause alot of problems. I'm crazy about every little cough and sneeze out of my DOG, I can't imagine how I would be with children. ::)

:-* :-* :-* Get well soon baby Rose

P.S. My neice who is 8 years old had pneumonia around valentine's day and also had to go to the hospital...(she was there for 3 almost 4 days. Now I've got some sort of bug (along with about 5 other people from work) Sickness is certainly making the rounds this season.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 08:10:27 am »
That must have been so scary for all of you!  I'm glad that Rose is back at home and doing better. 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 08:12:45 am »
Thank god its not RSV!!! My little brother got that when he was 6 months old and he was a 2 months premature!!! Antibiotics and sterioids, yay!!!! Im happy that you are both back safe and sound.  Please keep us updated  :)

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 08:15:02 am »
AWww poor Rose  :'( Glad you caught it early and she is on the road to recovery  ;D