Author Topic: Progress this weekend with Buddy and Dollie  (Read 3135 times)

Offline Momdog

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Progress this weekend with Buddy and Dollie
« on: February 24, 2008, 10:57:15 pm »
Hello Everyone,

We were down cleaning out Moms house which is very difficult on the dogs as well as the humans.  But I had great progress this weekend, and Buddy responded so well.  the dogs were more relaxed and I think they understand that they are not going to be abandoned.  I looked at Buddy and told him everything was okay in a quiet tone, he wagged his tail like never before.  Then I stood here and just put my hand down to my side, he came up and nuzzled my hand until it was on top of his head, and then he leaned his body onto my leg.  There was a certain security felt for both of us, it was great.  So we are making progress.  Dollie is not having the issues that Buddy is having but I don't think she is as sensitive, and she loves and trusts everyone.  Thanks for all of the tips last week they really helped. 

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
Re: Progress this weekend with Buddy and Dollie
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 11:16:41 pm »
Sounds like things will  be fine,Great job.

Pics Pleeeaassse :D
Max-3 Year old Golden/Lab cross
Buddy-8 Year old English Cocker Spaniel
Bear-4 month old Great Pyrenees
Tigger-barn kitty
Shiloh-9 year old Painthorse

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 12:11:02 am »
I'm so glad to hear that things are going well. It sounds like a very emotional day for all of you.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 12:40:27 am »
That is great news.  Sounds like you are a very special person and Buddy, smart dog that he is, has figured that out already.  You are not going to have a problem with him, he is starting to trust you.  Congratulation s!  Your mom must have been smiling, watching that.  Now she knows that her babys are going to be taken care of  and are going to love you, just as much as they did her.  Bless you for doing this for her and for them.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline Momdog

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 01:48:33 am »
It was such a special moment, because there was such emotional connection between us.  I don't think I have every experienced that before.  Uh Oh I think I am getting hooked.  It was like he understood exactly what I was trying to do. 

I have heard some people say that Great Pyrs are the blonds of the dog world.  I do not get that feeling with Buddy and I really do not think that is true from everything that I have read.  I think they may have been using the incorrect training techniques. 

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 10:43:49 pm »
Quote from: Dahlie Juju
[/quote

But they are really, really good at making you feel safe, loved and secure.

This is so true!
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven