Author Topic: I need to know if i am wrong...  (Read 5269 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
I need to know if i am wrong...
« on: February 27, 2008, 05:56:23 am »
So my husband was being lovey by hugging me.  He grabbed my shoulder blades in the back and said " nice back boobs". Now yes i am a little over weight, and i am sensitive and working on my weight..but... . i am pi*****ed off so much. He doesn't think it is a big deal and will not appollijize because he said it was a joke no issue.  I took it personally because i have never nor would ever say anything to him at all.  Mind you...he is 340 pounds and 6'7.  I said nothing to him to make him say that to me. Do you think by chance i have pms? or would others be mad too????

Nicole

Re: I need to know if i am wrong...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 05:58:44 am »
I would have kicked him in the junk.

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 06:09:57 am »
Ok thank you... i do know that sometimes i can be over sensitive, but i just wanted to make sure that i was right.  I don't know what i got my self into here.. i have been by his side the whole time...though his stupidity and having the bail him out before our wedding...then a week before our wedding finding out that he cannot have children...and then going to jail again the day after our honeymoon (due to past speeding ticket)......and lost his license and his job (as a truck driver) and he has the nerve to say that to me!!!!! >:(

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 06:47:53 am »
That would have bothered me too :-\

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 07:10:37 am »
He doesn't think it is a big deal and will not appollijize because he said it was a joke no issue. 

I guess my thought is that even if he doesn't really understand *why* it hurt your feelings, he should understand that he needs to apologise for hurting you.  This is one of those times that it doesn't matter whether or not a spouse thinks they are right, b/c the loving thing to do is to recognise that their words hurt their loved one.  BTW, for whatever it's worth, I think I would have been hurt, too.  :(
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 07:52:27 am »
That's a terrible way to talk to you. I hope this was a one time thing and not something that happens regularly. He really owes you an apology, and he needs to understand that his stupid "joke" was NOT funny.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 10:05:15 am »
I totally agree with Nichole!  Kick him in the junk!!! That is totally inappropriate!!!  I dont care if you weigh 87 lbs (if you do i hate you  ;)) You never make fun of a girls weight. Inexuseable  >:(

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 08:04:15 pm »
if he was in his 20's that would be an immature statement...bu t perhaps more excusable.  HE IS 34.  Old enough to  know better. His new defensive mode is now "i have always called them that" Ok...well i have known him since i was 13, he was 21 and never has he called them that.  But he believes he has always called shoulder blades back boobs.  Well i don't believe him at all, he said that he wasn't talking about me. WHEN I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!! He says he was giving me a hug and he was just talking in general.  This is what makes me mad as all...because he won't appologize but he will make it so that he was "talking in general" and he said he "wasn't talking to me" now with not talking to me...and i was the only one in the room...no dogs, cats, ferrets, not even a fish was in the room.  Just him and i. Go figure... he is just like his mother....alwa ys blames something else...or makes you feel like you are the crazy one.  For instance...we had a family get- together and matt broke a cup...but to matt...he didn't break it...the bottle broke it.  Because you see in his mind, he went to turn the light on, and when his arm hit the bottel the bottel slipped and hit the cup which landed on the floor.  So Matt didn't understand why people where upset (they don't make the make of dishes anymore and it was my sisters wedding present)(not really upset persay.. more so because...) So he didn't think he needed to say sorry because he didn't break the cup the bottle did!!! 

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 08:34:54 pm »
That guy sounds way too much like my first husband.  Nothing was ever his fault and I was unreasonable for wanting things like electricity, and indoor plumbing.

My response to a comment like that would be, "Thanks, hon.  Now why don't you hoist that beer gut and see if I can find your ____."
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 08:56:41 pm »
LOL  ;D i like that one... i wish i thought of that...hey his boobs are bigger than mine  ::)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 05:23:18 am »
i agree, my feelings would be hurt also
Darcy and I  have been having alot of arguements lately, mainly because he says things (that normally he wouldnt say) without thinking about it... for instance...
early January, he tells me he has a day off in February due to this new Provence wide holiday called "Family day", he says his boss told him that the clinic is closed, and that darcy joked to his boss "But, what if you dont have a family". Yep,guess he doesnt consider me, and the furbabies 'famliy', "Thats different" he says.  another thing that happened recently, me and my friend were talking about the future, and i said i was still waiting for darcy to show some sign of marriage in the future.. someone was there, a guy (who i had just met) walked over to darcy to kinda give him the hint that after 5 years, there should be some sort of sign... and darcy comes into the room i (and my best friend) are in. and says VERY loudly, so everyone can hear "100% of divorces started with a marriage". that hurt- pretty bad... sure, its a joke, but its a BAD joke-
Anyways- i see why your upset. and AMEN- kick em in the junk! LMAO
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 05:28:54 am »
lol i agree....5 years??? That is a long time. See i went out with my hubby for 2 years then he left me...4 months later we got back together under the circumstances that we would get married, because there is no point of putting so much time and effort into a relationship and having nothing come out of it.  It is a hard decision to make, although the best one.  If he doesn't want to commit...then you are in for a life time of maybe...maybe not. Sometimes it is hard...what does he want to be with others? When i start thinking of that, i end up having what i call a "heart to heart" where we have a stick so that we can not interupt eachother. He did finally appologize to me, but it was because i had to tell him too. Knowing that i had to tell him to sucked even more. I know he didn't mean it, he just said it because i wouldn't talk to him.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 11:16:26 am »
I would have been mad too.
Your husband is 6'7"????  call him Hightower and ask if the air is thin up there.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 11:49:36 pm »
I hope Dale is heavily insured. 

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 09:53:09 pm »
Ok thank you... i do know that sometimes i can be over sensitive, but i just wanted to make sure that i was right.  I don't know what i got my self into here.. i have been by his side the whole time...though his stupidity and having the bail him out before our wedding...then a week before our wedding finding out that he cannot have children...and then going to jail again the day after our honeymoon (due to past speeding ticket)......and lost his license and his job (as a truck driver) and he has the nerve to say that to me!!!!! >:(

Wait a minute. His name isn't "Johann" is it? This sounds eerily like my ex-husband - down to the losing his license and job as a truck driver and not paying his speeding tickets, etc. You've got me spooked.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain