Author Topic: The best dog treats  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
The best dog treats
« on: February 26, 2008, 08:03:27 am »
I know that there is already dog treat recipes, but none on dog treats that are commercially made.  I care to feed only the best that there is, as i am sure that many of you too.  I am concerned about the preservatives, and other junk they put in them.  If you would like please add on your favorite treats, so we can have a large list!  Our best treats we have come across are:

Plato's Dog treats all the flavors are great, plus Titan shows so much better when we give him the salmon ones.  PLus they have glucosamine in all of them, the salmon ones are the best for training because they break easily.  We also tried the other flavors, but they are a little tougher to break up fast.
Bravo also makes Bravo bites, my kids love all of those too, but still prefer the plato's.
Zukes is anothe great one, comes in great training sizes, plus they are great for them

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
Re: The best dog treats
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 09:40:05 am »
I buy treats that are natural and no preservatives etc...
They like the,
Vitility(sp?)Duck strips and sweet potatoe chews,I buy blueberry treats from petsmart,pig ears,pig snouts,pig rolls and chicken pops ;D
Max-3 Year old Golden/Lab cross
Buddy-8 Year old English Cocker Spaniel
Bear-4 month old Great Pyrenees
Tigger-barn kitty
Shiloh-9 year old Painthorse

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 10:27:00 am »
peyton will ONLY eat Old Mother Hubbard treats. Pet Supplies Plus was having a sale in January as buy one pound get one free. So we stocked up. We tried another brand and she looks at it and smells it and walks away. But, OMH is also one of the few treats that she does eat that doesn't make her get a tummy ache.
Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 10:32:03 am »
I ain't to fussy when it comes to treats cuz my boys only get one when i get home from work
but when we go into town to do the weekly shopping thy get a pigs ear each
I do buy quality food tho thats important
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 10:32:42 am by arkydo »

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 10:36:04 am »
I buy treats that are natural and no preservatives etc...
They like the,
Vitility(sp?)Duck strips and sweet potatoe chews,I buy blueberry treats from petsmart,pig ears,pig snouts,pig rolls and chicken pops ;D

OOH, the duck treats are my (Kana's) favorite!!  He will do ANYTHING for them! 
Also, he loves the Zukes treats.  Suprizingly, my big-bubba loves them even though they are the size of a pencil eraser!
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita