Author Topic: We are new to BPO :)  (Read 8705 times)

Offline Slave2dane

• Gnawer
  • My Baby Brutis!
    • View Profile
We are new to BPO :)
« on: February 28, 2008, 02:18:58 am »
Hello everyone!

My puppers are happy to join your forum.  I am the proud slave to a 9 year old deaf albinoism harlequin dane male named Brutis and a 10 year old king german shep female named Pharoah.

Brutis originally was my puppy, but when I went through a bad split up with an x boyfriend, he knew the way to my heart was to steal my puppy.  So he kept Brutis for a few months and it was the worst few months of his life.  He was abused, chased with the hose, pushed down the stairs and who only knows what else.  It was only after I called the police and happened to be there that the x did something bad to him in front of an animal loving cop who wouldn't put up with that crap.  He grabbed my poor baby 6 month old dane and threw him across the room.  Needless to say the cops wern't to happy with him and appointed me custody.  Which to this day I do not regret one bit.  As Brutis is deffinatly a momma's boy.  He was born deaf and has albinoism (albino traits)  He is supposed to be Harlequin but obviously has some genetic defects. But that doesn't make me love him ANY less :)  He is starting to get some arthritis in his knee, from an injury when he jumped into our semi and banged his knee off the running board.  But other than that he is a very intelligent boy and knows sign language and loves travelling.

Pharoah is a true rescue.  I rescued her when she was what should have been half her size.  Which she did not change much after she was rescued.  She was severly starved of food, water and attention. When I got her she maybe weighed 30lbs.  But you could see her ribs even through her thick winter coat.  She was taken from an abusive home by some neighbours and made her way into my heart.  I have had her for almost 10 years now.  As I rescued her before I got Brutis.  But to them they are brother and sister.  She is a very fun girl, who is happy to please.  Loves giving kiss's and everyone asks if those black spots on her tongue are dirt.  The only thing she hasn't grasped in her 10 years on earth, are the come command.  On a leash she gets it but when she's let out, she isn't coming back till she's ready and knows you can't catch her. 

And after all that is me, I'm Stephanie. Friend of Jody with Zero, Jiggs, Memphis and Reba.  I am a self employed tattooist and I live in southern Ontario, Canada. 

Thanks, and hope to talk to you all sometime :)
Proud slave to...
Brutis - Great Dane
Pharoah - King Shephard
Sabbath & Pinky - kitties
RockZilla, KooKie and Baby - green iggies
Myrtle - RES turtle
Caterpiller & Komatsu - Hedgehogs
Sweet Pea - Veiled Chameleon
Bonnie,Clyde, Jaquline - Cichlids (fish)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
Re: We are new to BPO :)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 03:31:51 am »
HI and Welcome aboard Stephanie,sounds like your gonna fit right in here..it's a great place even if I haven't been able to get here very often lately due to computer problems..

I am Tricia and Mom to our 4 fur kids
Magic Emma and Falkor and What our old old Kitty

By the way we all like pictures here so don't be shy about showing all of us your babies..

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline NarniaMals

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 04:07:40 am »
Welcome -

I too am new here (1 month) and have found the group extremely helpful and just great to chat with.

I am Marianne and 3 little pups, Jadis, Vander (both Giant Malanutes) and Maulgrim (my little Alaskan Huskey) - I am a teacher in Alaska.

Enjoy the boards - they are full of super insights!

Looking forward to seeing more pics of your cuties!
Marianne and the MALS
Jadis (Queen of Narnia - The White Witch) and
Vander  (One of her loyal guardians)
also Maulgrim (our Huskey - Head guardian and our little alpha dog!)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 05:45:24 am »
Hey, now I see your intro.  ;)  It's good to hear about your pups.  Welcome again!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 10:41:39 am »
Steph, So glad you joined. You're going to meet alot of great people here, a few near your area too...  I dont have much to say that you dont already  know- so hope you like it here, and we'll chat soon ;) *hugs* Miss ya
jo
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 10:49:14 am »
well HI!  Welcome to BPO.  nice to meet you.  i can't wait to see your picture posts.

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 11:19:47 am »
Hi and Welcome! Your ex sounds like a real piece of work, and I so hope he it tortured by Karma for what he did to Brutis and to you. Sorry my welcome is turning kinda black, but your story made me actually sick to my stomach! Ah well, Brutis has most obviously ended up in puppy paradise with you, and Pharoah, too!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 12:20:18 pm »
Hey Steph, I think I met you the first day of the London Dog Show.  Am I right?  Either way, welcome to the board!   :D  Can't wait to see more pics of your crew!
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 12:28:52 pm »
Hello and welcome I'm James , You should a signed up when the x was being a ****, we coulda rallied a lynch mob up,lol

My dags are listed in my signiture

posting some pics is a must

Offline Slave2dane

• Gnawer
  • My Baby Brutis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 04:38:00 pm »
Hey everyone :)

Thanks for the warm welcome!!  Its great to be here, I should have joined long ago, but I have a lot of reponsiblities running a reptile forum also.  I'm a slave to the big green beasties to (green iguana's)and lots of other crazy creatures to!  And now my typing has slowed down thanks to a bite in the finger from my smaller NASTY green beastie.  Darn boy!! 

I haven't been to many dog shows sadly :(  But I do know two people on this site already!  Jo and Moni!  I have only met Jo though.  How do we know where everyone is from?  You should have a board where people say where they are from :) 

Thanks for the welcome!  And I will post pictures of the rest of the "zoo" when I find the right section.

Thanks again :)
Proud slave to...
Brutis - Great Dane
Pharoah - King Shephard
Sabbath & Pinky - kitties
RockZilla, KooKie and Baby - green iggies
Myrtle - RES turtle
Caterpiller & Komatsu - Hedgehogs
Sweet Pea - Veiled Chameleon
Bonnie,Clyde, Jaquline - Cichlids (fish)

Offline brooklily

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 12:55:37 am »
Hi Stephanie. Im new here as well. Welcome to you and your whole zoo :). Brooklily's mum
She is not naughty, she is fun!
Brooklily 2 1/2    bulldog mix

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 10:40:28 am »
Hi and welcome to BPO!  My name is Stephanie also and I am Mom to 13 month old Sierra the Newf.  The rest of my zoo is in my signature.

Pleasure to have you join the BPO family!!  Can't wait to see more pics of your crew!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer