Author Topic: Meet my mystery mix pup! Do you see any pyr resemblance?  (Read 8317 times)

Offline bianis

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Meet my mystery mix pup! Do you see any pyr resemblance?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 01:42:06 pm »
Thanks everyone!  ;D

Lol, I thought i was the only one who found her little nose so  ADORABLE!!! Poor thing, always has to endure a session of hugging and kissing before I play with her. I feel like Elmyra sometimes, haha.

And yeah, i know that look all too well. She has that inquisitive smart look, I can't help but look her straight in the eyes... I've read that you shouldn't look them in the eye cause they take that as a sign of agression ??? I'm not sure that's true, but whenever i stare at her too long she either jumps up at me or barks, i think she gets impatient, saying something like "stop staring and lets play!!!"

So I see it's hard to tell by just looks what breed she could have... I think she resembles Angel, who is 1/2 saint bernard, and looks a little bit like Tipper too, and Chammie, and Sam... and they are all different mixes. Just the pyr in common I guess.  It would be cool to find out for sure what she is with the dna test, maybe one day I'll do it. Thanks for the link GreatPyr!

Thanks again everyone! I'll be posting more pictures of her soon!  :)

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 02:16:36 pm »
Thanks everyone!  ;D

Lol, I thought i was the only one who found her little nose so  ADORABLE!!! Poor thing, always has to endure a session of hugging and kissing before I play with her. I feel like Elmyra sometimes, haha.

And yeah, i know that look all too well. She has that inquisitive smart look, I can't help but look her straight in the eyes... I've read that you shouldn't look them in the eye cause they take that as a sign of agression ??? I'm not sure that's true, but whenever i stare at her too long she either jumps up at me or barks, i think she gets impatient, saying something like "stop staring and lets play!!!"

So I see it's hard to tell by just looks what breed she could have... I think she resembles Angel, who is 1/2 saint bernard, and looks a little bit like Tipper too, and Chammie, and Sam... and they are all different mixes. Just the pyr in common I guess.  It would be cool to find out for sure what she is with the dna test, maybe one day I'll do it. Thanks for the link GreatPyr!

Thanks again everyone! I'll be posting more pictures of her soon!  :)

Sounds like a sweety,I can comment on the looking into the eyes thingy,,,It is a dominace thing but YOU do look them in the eyes to take your stand as the dominant one and yes challenge(that I win)I use to raise/Bred Dobies and showed in OB..My male would growl at anyone that would look into his eyes to long,Only I could do this and he look away..I do this with Bear now,I look into his eyes until HE looks away..and he eventually does,takes him longer then it did for my dobie but he does,good sign(for me anwyays..ha..h a..)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 02:17:29 pm by GreatPyr »
Max-3 Year old Golden/Lab cross
Buddy-8 Year old English Cocker Spaniel
Bear-4 month old Great Pyrenees
Tigger-barn kitty
Shiloh-9 year old Painthorse

Offline bianis

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 03:29:13 pm »
Thanks for the info Great Pyr! Mmh... so should I be worried that my pup stares back at me? I don't remember her looking away... One time she startled me. She was sitting looking up at me, I stared her in the eyes, and she jumped up, touching her nose to mine, ouch! She even left a wet mark on my scarf.
Don't know what that was about...
She isn't dominant though, she is quite obedient, except if she's overly excited or when she has to go potty or drink water. She interrupts whatever we're doing, does the activity mentioned above, and after resumes where we left off.