Author Topic: New puppy???!!!!  (Read 4999 times)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
New puppy???!!!!
« on: March 01, 2008, 07:25:10 pm »

So,lately my husband ( who usually would NOT do so) has been encouraging me to look at our local animal shelters and has been mentioning if I was thinking of getting another animal.  Suspicious...u ntil I found out he has been looking at new cars!  Basically, he is willing to get another puppy if he can get the car he wants.
Anyway, I really want a puppy but we currently have three dogs, two cats and two goats, plus our 6 month old son!  We are both self employed and work mainly at home and have a ton of land although our house is on the small side.  My question is, would it be irresponsable to get another dog with a new baby in the house?  We are financially able to care for another large dog, but would it be too much with the baby?
I know there are some people on here who have young kids and pups so was wondering how that has gone.
That said, I found the most adorable St. Bernard mix pups for adoption and don't know if I can resist- just look at this face!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: New puppy???!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 07:32:17 pm »
I would NOT resist!!! What a cutie  :-* ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 07:32:56 pm »
If you have the space and the resources to care for another dog, I'd say absolutely! Doesn't seem like 3 would be much more than 4 as far as the baby goes. He's already used to the dogs romping around. You will have your hands full, obviously, having two "babies" to care for. If you can handle the "twins", go for it! I'm super jealous - I only WISH my hubby would find something that he wanted as much as I want another dog. (And we only have ONE dog!!) Yay, puppies!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline nkp

• Ankle Biter
  • This is Mr. Cuddle Buttons Pic
    • View Profile
    • Handmade Pottery and Pottery  Beads
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 11:18:00 pm »
Oh, he is SO cute!!! I love the name, too!! What personality!
Natalie