Author Topic: STOLEN MASTIFF -- PLEASE CROSSPOST  (Read 4317 times)

Offline Darkmstf

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
STOLEN MASTIFF -- PLEASE CROSSPOST
« on: March 02, 2008, 03:00:33 pm »
MASTIFF STOLEN - please crosspost

Mar. 1, 2008

14-month old intact female Mastiff taken from car at Homestead Suites in Secaucus, N.J. She was in town for the dog show.

Last seen at 7:15 a.m., crated in the back of the breeder's SUV. Was left in truck while breeder went into the room to attend to some last minute details. She came out at 7:20 a.m. and the dog was missing. The leash and water bowl were also taken.

A police report has been filed and all shelters and vets are being notified.

The dog's name is Pounder (Bellawood No Doubt About It) and she is approximately 160 lbs.

Please keep Pounder and her breeders and owners in your thoughts and crosspost this message to get the word out.

Any information please contact Pounder's breeder:

Shelby Johnsen
page4mstf@aol.com
(302) 387-1593
(201) 638-0130 

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: STOLEN MASTIFF -- PLEASE CROSSPOST
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 03:25:11 pm »
Gosh, don't you hate some people? >:(
I hope they find the guy and the pupper
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 07:55:56 am »
hey they are talking about pounder here on the news in MA, i believe they found her? They have live video of her getting out of a car, so perhaps they found her!!! i let you know when it comes up again!

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 09:21:57 pm »
Pounder was found!!!!!   ;D  She is tired and sleeping safely at home now!!!    ;)   I just don't get how someone could have stolen her...   >:(

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 11:47:41 pm »
Did they catch the tard that stole her? Again what is wrong with people stealing what doesn't belong to them? Ugh Really knowing right from wrong isn't that hard. It's not rocket science.
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 11:54:38 pm »
Missing prize-winning mastiff found in Newark
by Sharon Adarlo/The Star-Ledger
Tuesday March 04, 2008, 7:55 PM

Noah K. Murray/The Star-Ledger
At Newark Liberty Airport, Sharon Costello, hugs Pounder, her prize-winning show dog found in Newark today.
Pounder, the prize-winning show dog abducted from a locked SUV in Secaucus, was found in Newark today, the animal's owner said.

"Praise god. Thank you Jesus," said Sharon Costello, one of Pounder's owners, after she learned that the 14-month-old English mastiff is on her way home.

Shelby Johnsen, who also owns Pounder, apparently got a tip that a Pennsylvania resident found the 170-pound dog in Newark, Costello said.

The path that led Pounder to be abandoned in Newark, and the identity of the thieves remains a mystery.

"I am ecstatic and happy," said Costello, of Stewartsville, Warren County, who asked churches in her area to pray for Pounder's return.

Pounder, or "Bellawoods Ain't No Doubt About It" as she is formally known, was stolen Saturday, minutes before she was to leave for the Monticello New York Kennel Club Inc.'s show at the Meadowlands Exposition Center.

Johnsen has said she had just finished taking Pounder for a walk at 7:15 a.m. and went inside the hotel for a few minutes. Pounder was resting on a sheepskin rug in her crate.

Upon returning, Johnsen did not notice anything amiss until she climbed into her car, turned around and saw the empty crate.

All that was left was a scrunched-up sheepskin rug deeply gouged with claw marks.

Pounder's owners launched a campaign to find her, handing out fliers and talking to police, shelters, veterinarians, animal-control officers and any dog lover they came across. They also offered a $2,000 reward for Pounder's return.

See more in Crime/Courts
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 12:01:29 am by marinafb »
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 12:10:43 am »
I'm so glad she's been found.

Too bad they didn't catch who did it.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 01:01:34 am »
YAYAYAYAYAYAYA YAYAY
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix