Author Topic: This is Preciosa  (Read 5178 times)

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
This is Preciosa
« on: March 05, 2008, 09:53:04 pm »
Hello! This is Preciosa, my neighbor's (mostly) pit mix. My chain link fence is missing the top bar on most of her side of the yard (previous owner did a bang up job of fencing-no top bar on that side, three fences along the back, and a double fence along the other side...). Anyway, she jumps over it all the time and plays with my dogs.

Several times over the first year and a half I lived here, I tried to convince her to come inside on cold nights (thankfully, not too many in Texas). She refused, even when we had an ice storm (I couldn't get her over the fence that time). She showed up on my front porch during a thunderstorm and came inside then, but that was it.

On New Year's Eve of this year, her people were shooting fireworks, and that was enough to scare her in my house. Now she loves coming in and sleeps here on freezing nights. Her people don't usually let her in the house, and although she has a dog house now-didn't have it when we had the ice storm last year-it's a bad little house. The door is almost as big as the end of the house that it's on, so all the cold gets in! I crate her when we're sleeping. She hasn't had an accident on the evenings when I've let her run around, but just in case... Plus, she tends to stare at the cats. Turbo will hit her, but Bevo usually figures she's just going to chase him and doesn't put up much of a fight and just runs. I don't want her to get any ideas!

So here are Preciosa, Sadie, and Riley. These were taken a couple of weeks ago in my yard while we were all playing outside. My nerds usually don't want their pictures taken, and Riley was determined that his 'knocking' on the door would bring someone else to the door... haha

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: This is Preciosa
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 09:57:51 pm »
And the cats... That's Turbo, the cream tabby, sitting in the crate, and Bevo, the dark orange tabby. These are Thomas' brothers (for those that remember Thomas). They were supposed to stay with my ex-bf originally, but they've learned to live with the dogs instead. Well, they have to live with the dog anyway. Turbo is still annoyed, and Bevo still runs. It's not ideal, but I think they are pretty happy most of the time. Turbo is alpha over the dogs, though not like Thomas. If he never ran, he'd be fine.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 10:26:42 pm by macybean »

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 10:17:22 pm »
Thank you.

I don't think she's on flea/hw preventative, so I think I may try to at least put her on flea stuff. I can't put her on hw without taking her to the vet, and I don't think I can afford three dogs and two cats worth of vet bills right now... but I'm going to try to talk her people into it. I talked them into spaying her when I first moved in and that worked.

I don't keep my cats on flea stuff, because I don't want to put the chemicals on them if I don't have to. They are indoors only and with the dogs being on flea stuff and being outside only to walk, go to the park/store/etc, or play in the yard briefly, they've been fine. But if she's not on it, they could get fleas.

Her people appreciate it, though, in their own way. They brought me this expensive frozen cookie dough from the place the mom works at. I don't know why they won't just put her inside every time it's cold instead of only occasionally! I'd much prefer that!

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 06:35:32 pm »
Oh! And if you look closely in Sadie's pics, you can see what she's been growing for the past two months or so... gray hairs! She's sporting new white eyebrows and a bit of white on her muzzle. She's not even 4 yet!

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 10:48:23 am »
Hello! This is Preciosa, my neighbor's (mostly) pit mix. My chain link fence is missing the top bar on most of her side of the yard (previous owner did a bang up job of fencing-no top bar on that side, three fences along the back, and a double fence along the other side...). Anyway, she jumps over it all the time and plays with my dogs.

Several times over the first year and a half I lived here, I tried to convince her to come inside on cold nights (thankfully, not too many in Texas). She refused, even when we had an ice storm (I couldn't get her over the fence that time). She showed up on my front porch during a thunderstorm and came inside then, but that was it.

On New Year's Eve of this year, her people were shooting fireworks, and that was enough to scare her in my house. Now she loves coming in and sleeps here on freezing nights. Her people don't usually let her in the house, and although she has a dog house now-didn't have it when we had the ice storm last year-it's a bad little house. The door is almost as big as the end of the house that it's on, so all the cold gets in! I crate her when we're sleeping. She hasn't had an accident on the evenings when I've let her run around, but just in case... Plus, she tends to stare at the cats. Turbo will hit her, but Bevo usually figures she's just going to chase him and doesn't put up much of a fight and just runs. I don't want her to get any ideas!

So here are Preciosa, Sadie, and Riley. These were taken a couple of weeks ago in my yard while we were all playing outside. My nerds usually don't want their pictures taken, and Riley was determined that his 'knocking' on the door would bring someone else to the door... haha

All your animals are absolutly beautiful, Just wondering though how you know she has part Pit Bull in her. She doesn't look a bit like Pit. Maybe its only a fourth or something though. But she definitly is a beaut!
Mommy to
one baby girl 1 yr and one boy 3 yrs
pitbull Justice-70 lbs. @ 10 mos.
2 kitties Thelma and Louise 1 year.