Author Topic: I need Help!!  (Read 8265 times)

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
I need Help!!
« on: March 10, 2008, 12:18:34 pm »
Any help or advice will be Graciosly accepted! I own a wonderful American Pit Bull Terrier. My husband, 2 kids and self just moved into a new home. After moving I found out I the landlord does not allow Pit Bulls. What I don't get is they will allow any breed but Pit Bulls. I know i could legally get out of my lease and possible sue since the lease did not state anything about breed restrictions in it and he never asked,  but I am trying to go a route outside of the courts. I spoke to him and he said if I can find an insurance or a loop hole that will cover him on the liability issue then I may keep my dog. So if anyone knows of any insurances or anytype of loop hole to help me keep my baby please, PLEASE let me know. This place has always provide great help when I have had a question so I am posting it. I live in Florida if it helps. ANY advice will be greatly appreciated!
Mommy to
one baby girl 1 yr and one boy 3 yrs
pitbull Justice-70 lbs. @ 10 mos.
2 kitties Thelma and Louise 1 year.

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: I need Help!!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 12:32:24 pm »
Can't you just get a high end general liability policy?

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 12:36:55 pm »
Can't you just get a high end general liability policy?

This is one thing i am looking for. The problem is most companies will not insure Pit Bulls. If you know of one that might i would greatly appreciate knowing the name so I may contact them. Thanks.
Mommy to

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 03:18:06 pm »
 My Pit owning friends all us State Farm for their home owners.I'm not sure if they do renters or just liability but I would start there.
Heres a list of others.
http://www.pitbulllovers.com/pitbull-articles/pit-bull-friendly-insurance-companies.html

Found this online also http://www.lkalmanson.com/dog.html
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 03:24:01 pm by VdogLover »

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 04:08:56 pm »
i do know about Kalmanson but they say I have to muzzle my dog plus I have to pay upfront so i wanted to see if there is any other options. It looks like they will be my only option. State Farm and AllSate will not cover Pit Bulls so in your friends policies they are probably excluded. Thank you so much for your help! :)
Mommy to

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 05:02:17 pm »
OK, I know NOTHING about this, but isn't there a citizenship class or something he could take? Maybe see if your landlord will consider vet references, past neighbor and previous landlord references? It would be such a shame to have to go to court, or have to move again, and even worse to loose your baby. Is the landlord open to discussion or is he/she being a jerk? Can you get the vet to write a statment that your pup is a "boxer mix" or something like that? Yes, I know that's not honest, but I'm just brainstorming. ...
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 10:43:16 am »
Yea we already tried about her being a mix. He doesn't care. I would have told him a boxer lab mix if I was asked, but unforunatly my husband didn't think when they asked him and just came out with the truth. Also about the vet records and letters he doesn't care you know all the hype with this breed and how peopel in this country are sue crazy, that is what he is worried about. I did finally find a couple places with insurance and I just faxed it to him today. he is going to let a lawyer look at it and he said if the lawyer says ok then I can keep her. My only fear now is that the lawyer will say about how its only 100,000 coverage. So we will see. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!
Mommy to