Author Topic: I need Help with accidents!!!  (Read 976 times)

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
I need Help with accidents!!!
« on: March 11, 2008, 08:02:35 pm »
ok Bell for the first time in 2 years went pee on the floor last night.  It was hot here yesterday and both were drinking alot of water but I always pick it up at the end of the day and they are on water restriction at night.  She went all over the carpet in front of the door to the garage which I thought was wierd because I thought she would go on the one at the backdoor. 

Well does anyone have any suggestions I dont want this to start becoming a habit becasue she used to wake us up in the middle of the night and now for the past month she hasnt and I have been catching her just walking arounf the  house at 2 in the morning.  Last night I was more tired and didnt sleep as light as usual.  What do yall think?
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: I need Help with accidents!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 08:55:49 pm »
She did for the first time last night but actually now that I am thinking about it about a month ago I had just gotten done mopping the floor she was walking around a bit i nthe den and went and squatted by her bed and went pee.  My husband who was sitting right there yelled "No" but she just kept going. 

But I do take that as my fault because the dogs know that after I mop the kitchen they cant go through it to get to the backdoor.  She just went to the vet yesterday for her yearly and he checked her over and said that there was not a UTI or anything because Baxter just got over one. 

The only change in routine is that they have been outdoors longer becasue it is nicer.  we have been trying to sleep with the bedroom door open so that way they are used to it by the time the baby comes. 

We have a jingle bell collar for around Christmas time, I think i might put it on her tonight becasue it will make more noise than just her walking.  The only way I even knew that she was walking around the other night was because with the baby coming I have had to get up in the middle of the night to pee and found her not in her dog bed. 

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel