Author Topic: Big paws= Big Cars?  (Read 4378 times)

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Big paws= Big Cars?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 02:23:27 pm »
Poor Rosie, both our cars are two door coupes, an Acura RSX and Acura CL. She has to hop into the back seats through the little tiny opening behind the forward-reclined front seat. We haven't bought a new car since we got her. But our next car will likely be a small SUV with reasonable gas mileage. We were thinking about the Honda Element because of the interior configurations . But then again, I love the Acura MDX but it's just a tad expensive. We'll see.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 03:02:16 pm »
Currently I've got a Chev Epica, it's a nice medium sized luxury car, nice sized back seats that both dogs fit easily in with a bit of room to spare for back seat human passengers or one of them at least!  ::) ;) :D.  I will be upgrading to a cross over SUV come next winter though.  II like the Equinox, maybe a Hundai Tuscon, or if I get the job I really really want, I'm gonna go for the Lexus RX 400h, it's a small hybrid SUV.  And it's real PURDY!  ;) ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 09:26:08 pm »
I've got a Pontiac minivan. I have taken the 3rd row out for the dogs to have more room in the back. Before we had Jenny, Tipper had the 3rd row to himself and was lovin' it. I get pretty decent gas mileage for a minivan. I'm always pleasantly surprised to see how a tank of gas lasts. With my twin girls in the 2nd row seats, the dogs get the back. 
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 01:58:34 pm »
I have a Jeep Warngler that only comes out on bad days in the winter or nice days in the summer.  I also have a Honda Fit. It is a deceptively big small car that gets darn near 40 MPG on the highway.  Its blended average in around 33 MPG.  With the rear seat folded down I could fit my Dane and Mastiff in the back.  The cockpit is very room for a small car.  I am 6'4" 270 and I have plenty of space.  I put a Yamika Roof rack on the top so I can stow gear for longer trips. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 05:37:38 pm by Jacksmom »
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 05:50:55 pm »
We have a Toyota Sequioa Limited and I LOVE it.  I thought I was downgrading from my other car when we got it (I had my dream car, a British Racing Green Jag) but the Sequioa is the best car I've ever had.  Also, people don't stare as much as they did when I had the Jag loaded with three dogs and a bale of hay for the goats.  Yes, the people at the feed store thought I was nuts when I'd be like "Just toss the bale in the backseat!"
Anyway, three dogs (soon to be four), husband, baby and luggage for a week and I can all fit.
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat