Author Topic: townhouse -- barking issues??  (Read 2253 times)

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
townhouse -- barking issues??
« on: March 14, 2008, 09:12:03 pm »
Well I am afraid mine and Bear's living situation may be changing in the near future :(. My relationship is going sour and I think it may be best for us to move on. On my own I can only probably afford a townhouse or condo. Not sure how Bear will adjust as she is a big barker at ppl coming to door, walking by our house, any movement in our backyard etc. Just wondering if anyone has experienced barking issues with a townhome??
Thanks
Mandy 

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: townhouse -- barking issues??
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 09:18:04 pm »
I haven't, but my mom has. She lives in a condo with her border collie mix and her dog tends to bark. There are definitely more noises and comings/goings in the condo set up for a dog to bark at--and my mom's dog does. Lucky for my mom her condo association is pretty pet friendly, maybe you could look to find a townhouse situation where more of the neighbors have pets, too, so there is a level of understanding about dogs barking.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: townhouse -- barking issues??
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 01:00:52 am »
Well, I am sorry to hear that your relationship isn't working out. For some reason, the RIGHT things to do are always the hardest. You'll find a place for you and Bear, and I'm sure he'll settle in fine. Hang in there!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python