Author Topic: OOH NO....So sad...  (Read 8465 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
OOH NO....So sad...
« on: March 17, 2008, 05:09:29 pm »
You all know about Maya the belgian who was emaciated when she first came to board with me.  I have had her for 3 months now and she is awesome!!!! She has come along so far!!! She ended up being an awesome dog, but...today, after 3 months of not hearing from her owner, he calls... he said that he wants her to be flown to arizona... i am sooo sad, the second he asked that i had a tear.  I have bonded with this little girl, and with such great weather here, we have had so much fun.  I can honestly say that i do love her with all my heart.  I know that this is his dog, but my concern is for her health and well being.  SHe is at a healthy weight, she is a wonderful player, and just great all around.  I am going to miss her, i told my hubby about it and all he said is oh good....he just doesn't get it.

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: OOH NO....So sad...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 06:29:01 pm »
Didn't he ask you if you wanted her? And at that time you didn't think you did but wondered if it was right to keep her anyway and find her a better home? I think she's yours. He left her with you and said you could keep her, right? I'd tell him to shove it... Or lie, and call him all freaking out saying she was hit by a car and didn't make it. I know that is HORRIBLE, but, well, I'm just thinking out loud.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:11:08 pm »
he did indeed...he said that if no one would kennel her that she was going to go into a shelter, then when he dropped her off he said that i could keep her or shelter her or give her back. But he didnt seem like he wanted her at all...and now...he wants her "flown" to arizona.... i could never!! Also, he told  me that his parents couldn't watch maya, well the truth is he never asked his parents!!! I don't get it, i never thought i would like her, let alone become so attached to her!!!! I have done so much work with her and she has come such a long way!

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 08:13:49 pm »
he is in arizona...so he wants her shipped there...then  in sept. he will ship her back here again... mind you he thinks the cost is $60 and that the crate that is big enough for a shar pei will be ok for the plane.  I am hopeing this fails for him.. i am hopeing..

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 09:50:18 pm »
I don't get why you can't tell him "Sorry, but you gave me this dog, remember? She's mine now."
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 10:05:06 pm »
I agree. 3 thousand sounds about right for three months of boarding. Add on training, vet bills, the REAL cost of the flight (at LEAST $250.) plus a real crate- about $200 (An airline wont ship unless the dog can stand without hitting his head and turn completely around, plus it has to be airline approved) I'd say about $4500 sounds right.

Tell him as soon as you get the money wired, he can have his dog back. Any court will back you up- it's services rendered! You won't hear from him again.

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 12:07:51 am »
I completely agree with what everyone is saying here.  he doesn't deserve this baby back, and I'm afraid that if he does get her back things will just go back to the way they were.  She'll end up malnourished, unhealthy, and badly socialized.  You've worked so hard to get her to the point she is at, don't let him go and ruin all your love and effort.  Stand up for what you know is right, and tell him to shove it.  Or tell him that you want to be paid the full amount for all services rendered to the dog.  Once he gets a bill for $4500 like Shawn quoted he'll be singing a different tune.  Good luck.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 01:06:14 am »
Ditto what Tina, Stella, Shawn, Alex (who am I forgetting?   ;)  ;D) said!!!  This guy has already shown himself to be a rotten excuse for a dog dad and the chances of him suddenly sprouting some decency, compassion & common sense are nil (wait, I'll tell you what I really think!  :D).  So to send this poor little girl back to him would be to endanger her and you would be a wreck if something happened to her b/c of this jerk.  I really like the $4500 bill for services rendered idea.  Just let him know that you've now totalled up his invoice and here's the bill!  Bet you never hear from the creep again!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 02:24:03 am »
Whatever number we're on, I ..... it!!!!  Did you have anything written out or agreed upon, cost wise, when he dropped the dog off?  I would so tell him the cost and don't do anything until you get it all (learned that the hard way...see if I do anyone any favors again!!!).  Good luck, I know this is killing you.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 07:49:54 pm »
I agree with services rendered and the costs applied to that.

but I also agree that he abandoned her and left her with you.  He has no claim of ownership after this period of time.  If he had dropped her off at a ahelter there is no way he could get her back after this amount of time has passed.

Where I work, if a dog is not picked up afte the period of boarding...... .....after 30 days it is considered abandoned and available for adoption.

Tell him to go shove it in his piehole.

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 07:52:08 pm »
he even brought all of her paperwork with him,her baby papers, all vaccine records, everything (except..food, bowls, toy, ect.)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 04:39:48 am »
What do you mean brought all her stuff?  Brought them to you?  Or brought them with him to Arizona??

Oh and, I don't know if I'm overstepping my boundries here, but here is your first posting about her, just a reminder of everything that you've gone through for her, and a history for those who might not know.

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,21270.msg260240.html#msg260240

Again I'm sorry if I've overstepped a boundry by posting that, but This guy doesn't deserve this dog, or any dog for that matter I think.  You've worked too hard, and put too much love and effort and blood and sweat into Maya to let him ruin her again.   ;)  Now go give her a big hug for me please, and pour yourself a glass of wine too!   ;) :)  Maybe try the fsockopen?  ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!