Author Topic: Mom took away my bounce  (Read 4508 times)

lins_saving_grace

Mom took away my bounce
« on: March 19, 2008, 07:30:31 pm »
And i hope she lost it forever.

Grace loves to bounce across the busiest street we cross on our walks.  now she is able to walk longer and longer by the week, i've been taking her across it again for a better place to walk.  Today she bounced across the road and i did ok keeping her from becoming airbourne.  she was headed into a straight line to the other side of the road when BOOM...down she went on her butt in the middle of the road.  her legs out from under her to the right. 
OMG OMG OMG!!!!  She limped for a while and I thought i was off to the vet with either a replaced ACL repair or an ACL tear on the other leg.   
she walked it out and seems ok.  we finished our walk and she kept putting weight on the leg. she's a little sore now and not putting so much weight on it.  but i remember Lady having set backs and scares too...but man i do not want to do this ACL thing again.  this is the same thing she did to tear the other ACL and the bouncing has got to stop.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 08:56:12 pm by Lin »

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Re: Mom took away my bounce
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 09:43:00 pm »
Oh my, Grace. I know you're just trying to mock the Easter Bunny with Easter just around the corner, but Grace, girl, you need to be careful! You're goin to give your momma a heart attack!!!

Sounds like she'll be ok. Just a bit sore. Hope she feels better soon! :-* :-* :-*
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 09:49:22 pm »
Thank you.  I needed an extra vote of confidence.  I am so worried about her with this recovery.  she's been such a baby about it.  and man i hate to see her bounceless.  but i told her tonight..."you're too old to bounce anymore."

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 07:34:00 pm »
so is that what happens?  she is bouncing again tonight.  i came home at lunch because I forgot to leave the heat on and it started snowing.  she was so bouncey and happy to see me.  i got home tonight and she was bouncing in the snow.  so all better.
i'll tell her until her leg is back to normal not to wear any heels and skirts.  :) 

thanks for that explaination though.  i was wondering.

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 09:02:09 pm »
Oh Grace--no more bouncing(at least for a bit)! ;D  I hope she is fine. What a silly girl ;D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 09:05:19 pm »
she seems ok.  it scared her more than anything i bet.  that dog will never stop bouncing.