Author Topic: I need some help please  (Read 1804 times)

Offline momtomax

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
I need some help please
« on: March 21, 2008, 01:24:50 am »
I have a Mastiff and in the past two days I've seen some ugly behavior.  First he snapped at a neighborhood kid.  It was competly unprovoced.  i was outside with the kids and a neighborhood kid was over as well.  Max was fine the kid went to pet his head and he snaped at her.  She junped back and went about her business.  I imdeatly took him inside and put him in his crate.  She didn't realize what had happened but I did.  Then tonight I took Max out for a walk, he did great, until the very end.  Two teenagers were out on the street, I felt him tense up.  I saw the kids and made him sit.  They went to walk by (giving a good distance) Max pulled me down and drugg me across the sidewalk.  He has NEVER done this.  I now have a bloody knee and there are two terefied teenagers.  I don't know what to do.  I love my dog but if I can not control him then I feel as though I need to get rid of him.  I do not want to do the latter which is why I'm looking for some help.  What am I doing wrong and how can I correct it?  When do I just say that's it, I can't control himt anymore?
Please advise...