Author Topic: Help a military family bring their dog home from Turkey!  (Read 3907 times)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Help a military family bring their dog home from Turkey!
« on: March 21, 2008, 05:19:06 pm »
I just saw this and thought I'd post about it. Apparently, Lake County in California is helping this family out. That's where I got Kai, so I was interested. Check out the link - maybe you can help?

http://www.lakecountyanimalservices.org/info/display?PageID=4414

Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Help a military family bring their dog home from Turkey!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 07:09:36 pm »
I am sorry for the family but at the same time irked.
I see many military families say they can't bring a pet or take a pet back home when traveling here to Germany. Most of the time the case is they just don't want the animal any more and are looking at a guilt free way of dumping the pet off on someone else. I see it with small pets too like rabbits and G. Pigs. They just want it while it is cute and when the newness wears off they get rid of it. $500 isn't to much for shipping an animal long distance. We payed 200 to bring our old dog here to Germany. Now I do understand traveling in the summer that pets are not allowed do to heat related injuries for the animals. And trying to get the animal listed as a service dog? Most families who have a dedication to their animal would have them all listed that way if they could.
I hope they get him back to the states soon.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08