BPO Breeding Forum > Breeding Questions & Information

My female is in heat

(1/3) > >>

kaz:
Hi

Im new on here, can somebody plse help me.
I have a dogue who will be 1yr old this wk, she has come into heat and has now been in heat for a couple of wks, she has stopped bleeding but is still very swollen, I dont want to breed her, but can somebody plse tell me when its safe for my dog to go near her again, I have let them play together keeping a close eye on them as she has stopped bleeding but she is now trying to mount him is this normal, she has also been a bit off with my other bitch but just at meal times, could this be just because she has been hormonal.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Karen

People Whisperer:
Every dog is different...so me are in heat for 2 weeks some 4...some bleed through the entire time and some stop half way or so. She can be very fertile even if she doesn't bleed. I usually wait 1 month from the beginning to the end and then let my dog to socialize with other pups as it takes a while for the smell to go away :)

kaz:
Hi

Thanx for the info. so I should keep them separated even though she has stopped bleeding for another few wks.

People Whisperer:

--- Quote from: kaz on March 24, 2008, 02:14:09 pm ---Hi

so I should keep them separated even though she has stopped bleeding for another few wks.

--- End quote ---
definitely! ;)

ZooCrew:
I agree. With my female I wait about a month before letting her and my intact male together.  Don't want any accidents!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version