Author Topic: Post-neuter question  (Read 5721 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Post-neuter question
« on: March 26, 2008, 08:02:30 pm »
Bear had the big snip-snip yesterday and I was preparing for the worst but am soooo surprised. He was loopy last night, walked so slowly and didn't want to eat- all which was expected. Well, he was still kinda slow this morning when he went out but then...whoa nelly!
When I came home he was all tail wags and love. As soon as I took off his e-collar he he rolled over onto his side and put up his arm for some arm-pit/belly rubs. Then, as we got ready to go outside, he was all about his regular booty rubs and wiggle-waggles. As we walked across the street he wanted to run and even lifted his leg to pee.

So, my question is- is this normal day after surgery behavior or is he a wierdo? I even checked to make sure they had done something and not just taken my money.  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Post-neuter question
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 07:32:42 pm »
Not a weirdo dog that's for sure Titan just did the same thing! He had his neuter on Tuesday and Wendesday it was like nothing happened. I took yesturday and today off to take care of him but honestly I dont think he needs my help! He is JUST fine!  I could not help it today we had to get out of the house...we were tired of staring at the corners...ad really how many times can you clean the oven...so we ventured out for a SLOW walk around the block. Thank God he's not a fast mover...he's pretty pookey!
SOOOO Glad that hes doing well.... ;D

Offline Mainebernese

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 04:17:28 pm »
Cooper was neutered on Thursday and was back to his old self by thursday evening.  The only thing we noticed with him is that he went to bed at 7pm instead of 8pm.  By 5am Friday morning, he was jumping around playing with the cats and his toys.  I was so surprised.  I guess I didn't need to take Friday off from work to take care of him!
Kaitlen

Cooper ~ 1 year old Bernese Mountain Dog
Coda (aka ruler of the household) ~ 5 year old, chubby grumpy, male cat
Ava (sister to the ruler) ~ 5 year old petite angel, female cat

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 02:13:29 pm »
Horray for all of the fast healing neutered boys.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 06:26:39 pm »
Well I havent been so lucky.  Bell and Baxter got spayed and nuetered last friday.  Bell has gone perfect has not touched her stiches and has healed great.  Baxter on the other hand has now pulled out his stiches 3 times and has also pulled out one set of staples!! 

We finnaly got an e collar that fits properly so I think everything will turn out now.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 08:53:14 pm »
Baxter on the other hand has now pulled out his stiches 3 times and has also pulled out one set of staples!! 

We finnaly got an e collar that fits properly so I think everything will turn out now.

Ouch! Today is day 4 post-neuter and we decided to let Bear have a trial run afternoon without his e-collar. So far so good. I think he can now be without it when we are home since he is doing so great.

Good luck with Baxter.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 09:36:39 pm by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime