Dobermans > Doberman Discussions

2 versus 1 doberman ???

(1/2) > >>

sharie:
Hi everyone, I just registered so this is my first post so I hope I am doing this right. My husband & I are getting a Dobeman pup in early July. This will be a 2nd Dobe. Our first Dobe (Mason) was put to sleep Sept 07. at the age of 7.5 yrs.  He had Cardio Myopathy. Needless to say it was heartbreaking for us & it has taken us from Sept to be ready & strong enough to take a chance on another Dobe. We have been tossing around the idea of getting 2 puppies & would like some input for those of you who have 2 Dobes. Basically we want to know the good, bad & the ugly.
Thanks, Sharie

sharie:
Wow answers so quick, I am so glad I found this forum & thank you for making me feel welcome. I wish I had discovered it when my Mason was still alive. I had a lot of issues with him & did not know any other Dobe owners to talk to about them. I like the idea of waiting a year in between both dogs. I might be getting more than I can handle with 2 puppies at the same time. Everyone I know who has 2 dogs say they would never go back to 1 dog which is what got me thinking on 2 dogs. 

sharie:
Here is a pic of Mason. I hope this is not too sad. We miss him so much, but it helps to look at his picture plus it makes us that much more anxious for our new puppy. He loved his tennis balls.

brooklily:
I bet there are limitless tennis balls where he is now. My love to Mason.  also welcome to the site!  Brooklily's mum

GreatPyr:
First off Welcome :D

Secondly,So sorry for the loss of Mason,I lost my beloved Dobie back in 03 to Wobblers Syndrome at the age of 10.

I had 2 dobies,1 was male 1 was female,The pair got along great!I never had any issues with aggression toward each other,Wonderful dogs,I Love them! I now have 3 dogs so I think regardless of breed multiple dogs can be a challenge..but rewarding the same ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version