Author Topic: 2 A.M.  (Read 7261 times)

Offline BaileyBear

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
2 A.M.
« on: April 03, 2008, 10:45:34 am »
Bailey surprised me a bit at 2 this morning.  She started with a little half bark and then went into full blown deep Bailey barks.  I got up to see what she was doing, there were strangers on our porch drinking.  I was a little surprised and my husband was flabergasted.  Baileys actually been a pretty big baby with situations like this in the past (she usually hides under something so she feels safe, sometimes my legs!) I guess with age she's getting a little more protective! I was happy to see it!
Sarah

Bailey: Pyrenees (11 Months)
Baxter: Yellow Lab (7 Years)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: 2 A.M.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 10:48:56 am »
What the heck?!  What where they doing on your porch?!  Did you call the cops?!  And what a good girl Bailey is!  I hope she got some extra special yummy treats in with her breaky this morning.   :-* :)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline BaileyBear

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 10:52:58 am »
Unfortunatley we live in a shared yard with two other houses for the time being.  They apparently had the wrong address.  Needless to say Bailey was unhappy about their intrusion and we gave her quite a few treats for her new showing of courage! ;D
Sarah

marypyrs

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 11:34:53 am »
You gott'a love that Pyr bark. They're pretty much saying "Get OOUUUTTT'A HERE!!! Followed by that echo of a rumble at the end. I doubt your unwanted guests will be returning any time soon. Good Bailey!

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 12:04:47 pm »
I LOVE stories like this! My Daughter has a new boyfriend who is  terrified of my dogs, lol. I told my daughter to never ever tell they are all bark, no bite ;)

And yep, they get extra treats when  they scare the begeebies outta people to!

Offline BaileyBear

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 12:25:47 pm »
It's just so funny she went from one day being a total wimp to the next day being a tough guy! I'm just glad to see that one of them will protect us! (Erics lab just layed by the side of the bed, granted he has bad hips, but not a peep out of his mouth!)
Sarah

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 10:30:37 pm »
Good Pupper!!! No one needs to be on your porch drinking.  That is just odd.  I'da sent Grace out there to kick some butt.  She's stelthy at night.  :) 

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 08:57:33 am »
Way to go Bailey! What a good guard Pyr!  ;D
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

chaosndestruction

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 05:48:15 pm »
Yay Bailey!!! Keela used to be a big wimp and one day when I went into Portland to pic up my brother she started barking and growling when he was walking up to the car, scared the HECK outta me. She of course licked his ear as soon as he sat in the car.

I don't know why but now she really barks and stays away from guys. Girls she's fine with, so I hope I don't have any female intruders EVER. With guys she gets really defensive/protective. I have no idea why she hasn't ever had any bad experiences with guys (i've had her since she was tiny!)

Glad to see Baileys coming out of her shell!

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 11:48:48 pm »
Good job, Bailey! Oddly enough, I had strangers drinking on my porch last week. I was in the backyard with the dogs, and they ran up to the fence and were barking. I heard a dog barking back and realized the dog must be in the front yard for the bark to sound that close. I walked up the the fence, and there was a couple sitting on the porch, drinking and smoking. They had a little border collie pup-maybe 8 months or so-with them. They asked for my neighbor by her clown name... My next door neighbor is a hula-hooper who dresses like a clown. I pointed them to her house. They then proceeded to tie the dog up while they were out over the weekend. I left a note on her door informing them that tying dogs up in Austin is illegal, and their dog barks the whole time they are gone. I suggested crate training. GRR Interestingly, when they were there, they were out in the yard practicing spinning plates on sticks. That was kind of cool to watch.

Sorry to hijack your thread. It's just funny that someone else here had random people drinking on their porch this week!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:52:57 pm by macybean »