Author Topic: Buddy and Dollie are home  (Read 6544 times)

Offline Momdog

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Buddy and Dollie are home
« on: April 06, 2008, 11:00:28 am »
Yeah  ;DBuddy and Dollie are now at my home, and they love it.  I spent a lot of time outside yesterday with them.  They were running the fence line and they have not tried to get out, or dig.  They seem to be so happy that there are a lot of people around.  We have a family of 5, although they do not know what to think about our 2 year old grandson.  They look at him like he is an alien.  They love the garage, but there is little air circulation and I worry about them especially Buddy because his coat is so thick.  I checked on them last night before I went to bed and Buddy had made a big nest out of leaves and was passed out.  I startled him and when he realized it was me he just laid back down.  He did bark a little last night but only when the other neighborhood dogs barked.  The fence keeps the stimulus low because he can not see anything, since it is a stockade privacy fence.  He was at a yard that had chain link fences and he could see several back yards and there was just too much stimulus.  I am going to give them so time to adjust.  Yesterday I had them walking by my side around the yard.  I am trying to get them used to walking by me so that maybe leash training will be easier.  We are so happy!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
Re: Buddy and Dollie are home
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 11:35:35 am »
That's great news! Good for (all of) you  :D
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 11:42:14 am »
Great News. I bet all of your are saying, "Finally!" I'm so happy for you guys. I would love to see pics also! Can't wait to hear more about how you all are doing!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 12:04:35 pm »
I'm so glad to hear that they are finally home with you. Sounds like they are already realizing that your home is a good place to be!  ;D
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline Momdog

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 01:33:11 pm »
I can not express how right it feels that they are with me.  It was almost like I could feel my mother smiling at us while we were playing.  I know that our relationship is going to be a very healing one for both of us.   ;D Buddy doesn't seem to be able to get enough affection right now.  He makes sure that I know where he is when I go to the back yard.  When I sit down he is almost in my lap.  I am not sure but it is almost like he needs one person to be his security the person he will gravitate towards.  They are good doggie kids and seem to know that they are finally home.  They knew that the garage was for them because they took it over immediately.  I have to get a usb cord so that I can download pictures.  Buddy is so big but when you are used to chihuahuas it is quite a jump.  Thanks for all of the support this is just the best website.  ;D

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 01:36:35 pm »
I am so glad you finally got them home!!!  What an adventure!!  It sounds like they will be just fine.  After an adjustment period Buddy will probably get a bit more independent.  Now, go get that USB cord!!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

lookingfornewf

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 02:10:44 pm »
Congratulation s on getting Buddy and Dollie home. They are so lucky to have you with all the patience and time it took to make it happen. ;D

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 02:19:43 pm »
That is such great news, that everyone is doing so well. I am sure it is very comforting for you all to have each others company. My dad still has my moms yorkie. She passed almost 8 years ago--it is still like having a little piece of her here with us for now. ;)

Can't wait for those pictures  ;D ;D