Author Topic: Jen and Balthazar are new here, Hi! :)  (Read 16187 times)

Offline BalthiesMom

• Ankle Biter
  • Dog is my Co-Pilot! :)
    • View Profile
Jen and Balthazar are new here, Hi! :)
« on: April 08, 2008, 06:59:10 pm »
Hi,Everyone!

I am really very excited to have found this forum!  I am so very, very proud to be the mommy of a wonderful, incredible new family member, Balthazar!  We call him Balthie for short. :)

We adopted Balthazar from a rescue organization that practices no-kill care for animals in need. Our Balthie, young pup as he was, had been through 3 or 4 temporary homes in his short little lifetime already before he finally settled on adopting US as his loving forever home!  The rescue organization we worked with (Animal Action Rescue of Atlanta, Georgia...a WONDERFUL group) was fortunate enough to gain a clear background history to SOME extent on our sweet Balthie.  He is half Newfoundland (dad) and half Great Pyrenees (mom), and PURE LOVE I tell you! :) Balthie had no behavioral or other issues or problems...his only problem was being impulsively selected by the original family who did not have the time or commitment to tend to a giant doggie!

He is now about 17 weeks old and he is absolutely GORGEOUS, vibrant, fun loving, and tender hearted. Can you tell I am in love with him?  My husband jokes that I'm going to replace him with Balthazar! LOL  We have two other VERY SMALL dogs, and a bunny who thinks he is our fourth dog, LOL!  Sorry to ramble on...I'm just very excited to have found a place where I can talk and learn and enjoy sharing about BIG dogs! :)  I very, very deeply appreciate the fact that dogs for sale are not allowed on here...with so many beautiful, friendly, incredible animals in need of loving homes to save them from shelters, this is important!

Love and Puppy Breath,

Jen, "BalthiesMom" :)
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be measured in the way its animals are treated." Gandhi

You can lead a compassionate lifestyle by saving animal lives, caring for our planet, and nurturing your health!  Visit www.goveg.org

"Be the change you wish to see in this world." Gan

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Jen and Balthazar are new here, Hi! :)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 07:09:55 pm »
Welcome to the board and congrats on Balthazar.  Sounds like he is a sweetheart.  Can't wait to see pics of him.  My crew is listed below and I'm Kat.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline BalthiesMom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 07:16:12 pm »
Hi, Kat!  Thanks so much!  I am actually trying to upload a pic of Balthazar as my avatar (and also the signature quote) but it doesn't seem to be working. I followed instructions. Sigh...I'll figure it out...I've got tons of pictures to share! :) Thanks again for the prompt welcome! :)

Love,
Jen
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be measured in the way its animals are treated." Gandhi

You can lead a compassionate lifestyle by saving animal lives, caring for our planet, and nurturing your health!  Visit www.goveg.org

Offline BalthiesMom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 07:59:03 pm »
That was it, thanks! :)  The avatar fits now that it is sized down...there's Balthie! It's lovely to meet you and I am LOVING the pictures of everybody else's dogs so much! What cute fuzzbutts you all have! :)

Love,
Jen

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 08:12:34 pm »
He is such a cutie!!!  Welcome and enjoy!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 08:19:27 pm »
What a cutie and a great mix- Pyr and Newf!  Welcome and enjoy BPO- it's a great place. 
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 08:25:10 pm »
Hi! Welcome to BPO. Your little Balthie is a doll. I'm Jaime- mom to Mr. Bear.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline willowtree

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 09:03:58 pm »
He's such a cutie!  I also have a 17 week old puppy (Maddox) that we adopted and he looks kind of like Balthazar, but without the white on his legs.  Can't wait to see more pictures  :)
Maddox-- My big black something mix puppy

Offline BalthiesMom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 09:12:31 pm »
Thanks, guys! Looks like we'll have to celebrate some birthdays together, Willowtree (love that name)! I'd love to see pics of your superbear, too!  And Jaime, I *almost* named Balthie "Bear," along with a few other close winners!  In the end, I call him my big bear anyway along with Balthie, Balthazar, superbear, big giant, etc.!

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 09:32:40 pm »
Welcome!  What a great little guy you have!  You both sound so lucky to have found each other!  Enjoy the puppy breath--it's amazing how quickly they grow!!! 

Oh!  And I'm the proud momma of Winston and Champ!! 

Offline Marco Ennio Ettore

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 10:01:06 pm »
Welcome!!    ;D

I'm new too.  lol  :D
Former Marine/Disabled Vet. Support our troops!!
Semper Fi.
Damian-Rescued chow/akita mix,
Jagger-Rescued German shepard/Welsh Corgi
mix LOL,
Marco-Cane Corso.
Zoe-Siberian poof ball. :)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 01:05:26 am »
Welcome Jen & Balthie!  I'm so excited to see a Pewfy puppy!  Naw, not like pew, like Newfy but with a "P".   ;) :D  My hubby & I have talked about adopting a Pewfy someday ourselves.  In fact, we looked for one on Petfinders before we found our Sammy & Cassie.

Balthie is adorable, thank you so much for adopting a rescue pup.  I just know that he'll be a wonderful addition to your family and I'm looking forward to watching him grow.  Again, welcome!

Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 01:14:49 am »
Welcome! Balthie is adorable. I'm mom to two lab mixes: Kentucky and Derby - that's Derby in my avatar.

You'll love it here, but we'll only let you stay if you post more pictures of Balthie (just kidding, sort of).

--Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 03:18:49 am »
He's adorable,I love his front socks!!!! Welcome to BPO,I'm Michelle Mom to Butt and Tub the ever so Saintly boys ;)
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 08:07:32 pm »
Welcome, welcome to BPO!! I'm Jennifer, and I have an adopted shelter dog Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix named Tipper, who's been the love of my life for 6 years now and Jenny, who is my rescue Pyr and my newest love as I adopted her this past October. I also have 2 cats, and last, but not least, twin 4 year old daughters. This site is so great, I'm sure you will love it here. Balthie is absolutely adorable and I'll look forward to getting to know you both more!  ;D
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven