Author Topic: Drywall Digger!!  (Read 4813 times)

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Drywall Digger!!
« on: April 10, 2008, 10:16:17 pm »
Decker is digging holes...IN MY DRYWALL >:(

Anyone else's dog do this?! I cant figure out why he does this. He gets lots of exercise, has tonnes of toys to play with but he still insists in digging in the walls. There are 3 big holes and my entire hallway is pretty much gone. I dont know what to do, but my new house is looking pretty dumpy now.... :'(
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Offline NarniaMals

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Drywall Digger!!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 11:01:44 pm »
We had drywall issues this summer with my Vander.  A hole, more of a dent developed near where a gate was (we had too much pressure holding the gate in place).  Once there was a small opening Vander would lick at it and it grew.  We temporarily covered it, but he went after it so I finally made the time to fill it, re-texture it and then paint it.  Once it looked like the rest of the wall we no longer had any trouble with it.  It was like he only bothered with it when it looked different.  Good Luck with Decker!
Marianne and the MALS
Jadis (Queen of Narnia - The White Witch) and
Vander  (One of her loyal guardians)
also Maulgrim (our Huskey - Head guardian and our little alpha dog!)

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 09:00:30 am »
I have the same problem with TRipper and I don't know what to do about it.Anyone knowwhat to do?

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 09:47:59 am »
My Dane did the same thing with interior doors on an infrequent basis. She also had plenty of exercise and and attention she just seemed to "snap every three or four years" She took down two or three over her 12 + years.  For her I think it became a compulsion.  Once she started and had a little opening in the wood it became necessary to destroy the entire thing.  Not unlike a kid & bubble wrap. 
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 10:49:23 am »
Not unlike a kid & bubble wrap. 

What'dya mean a KID and bubble wrap, I'm still afflicted by this compulsion!  I can't even walk by bubble wrap without needing to pop it!  lol  ::) ;)

Sorry, lol.  I don't have any direct experiance with them, but I've only heard really good things about those Pressure Pad things Stella mentioned.   Here's the link to their website, it's called the Scat Mat.  ;)

http://www.safepetproducts.com/pilot.asp?pg=scatmat&gclid=CMHx9pKl1pICFQEQlwod-kjs_A

Modified to add:  Sorry, this is the actual website, the other was just one that you could buy the Scat Mat from.

http://www.scatmat.com/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 10:56:43 am by London_Pyr_Lover »
My Sponsership page for my very first race!