Author Topic: Annie bobannie I'm going to BEAT YOUR FANNIE  (Read 10174 times)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
Annie bobannie I'm going to BEAT YOUR FANNIE
« on: April 11, 2008, 02:15:02 am »
I finally crashed this afternoon to take a nap, and I was so snuggly with all three goldens wrapped around me. It was a very nice nap. Until I woke up.

I couldn't find Annie anywhere in my room. She had slipped off the bed and gone cruising through the house seeking items to destroy.

#1- Christmas ornament still in its box that was sitting on the hutch and waiting to be put away. Tore it open, took it out, and chewed off the plastic dog.

#2- While on the hutch she knocked the bowl of rescue dog tags (Oh, about 250 name tags) onto the floor and spread them all over the house, and the collar rings.

#3- ate all the cat food IN THE HOUSE- and I'm not dense (completely) the cat food is ontop of counters. On one, she climbed up on a tuperware container and jumped onto the counter like a cat, the other she climbed up onto the toilet.

#4- Can we say, shredded newspaper?

#5- my bathroom looks like a paper factory exploded. Shredded toilet paper EVERYWHERE

#6- 3 novels and one DVD case pulled off the bookshelf

#7- two shoes, two different pairs.

While she did all of this, she didn't wake either Cisco, whiskey or myself. she did it silently, efficiently and happily- she came wiggling up to me with shreds of paper in her mouth when I called her.

Oh.... and it took me a while to see all of her destruction.. because the first thing she ate was MY GLASSES !!!! Nothing left but a scrap of frame.

NAP TIME MEANS CRATE TIME ANNIE!!!!!!!!!!

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Annie bobannie I'm going to BEAT YOUR FANNIE
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 02:24:37 am »
ouch
little bugger

I had the same sort of situation. it sucks cuz you wannabe angry but they're acting like there isn't a problem. So you end up being tricked into seeing a funny side of it,even though in reality there ain't one!!

lol

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 05:47:28 am »
LOL!  I'm really sorry, I just couldn't help it.   ;D  ;D  Two shoes from different pairs, oh....now, that's particularly naughty.  But when I got to the part about how Annie ate your glasses, I was ROFL.  Smart little cookie probably figured that if she ate your glasses that you wouldn't be able to see the rest of her destruction.  Ha, ha!  Yikes! She's clever, quiet *and* full of mischief?  That's some combo.  Hopefully she was also blessed with a cast iron tummy, so there won't be yet another ookie surprise coming.  ;)  ;D  ::)

What a lousy way for you to wake up though and I really do feel for you.  Since I'm ridiculously blind without my contacts or glasses, that would make me nuts.  ;)  ;D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 05:48:49 am by GoldenPyrs »
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 08:58:28 am »
Whata girl. I must say I have experinenced simular distruction to my home. Brand new dining room table with 4 high back chairs. The four corners eaten and the seats of the chairs GONE! They were made of raw hide! :D :'( >:( Believe me I had mixed emotions with that one. Laugh, cry or be angry and I chose the you bad dogs come here so I can kiss and hug you, and threw the chairs out and filled in the corners with that fake wood putty and that was that.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 09:55:09 am »
I must say I've been kind of lucky.  But I did wake up last week, looked at the clock and thought 'oh, such good girls they let me sleep in'.  Then I sat up.  Issy is laying on her dog bed with stuffing hanging out of her mouth and all over the floor around her!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 10:24:05 am »
oh I am sorry but I am still laughing  ;)  What a smart girl to eat mommas glasses so she can't see the destruction :o Puck ate a pair of my glasses once too. I can so feel your pain of all the destruction after living with Farley  ::)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 09:55:43 am »
HeeHeeHee!!  I feel your pain!  We've gone through 3 pairs of glasses now, countless rolls of toilet/news/school/whatever paper, an entire roast off the counter, among countless other things!  But really, how can you get mad??  They look at you like "Look Momma!  I helped!", so all you can do is love on them and grumble to yourself as you clean up the disaster zone.  ::) ;) :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 11:20:19 am »
Oh no! I can't help but LOL about her eating your glasses. I want to get lasik because nothing frustrates me more than not being abel to find my glasses, although I suspect finding them and having them broken might be a little more frustrating  ;)
RIP former BPO

Offline Thelma

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 09:40:36 am »
hehehehehehehe    sorry....but it makes me feel better
that I'm not the only one with a "sneaky" pup
~Thelma & Karl~
~Duke~Zoe~Toby~Spencer

~Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body..but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out ....shouting.. . WOW!
What a Ride!!!~

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 10:02:20 am »
aren't puppies grand? 

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 11:13:57 am »
LOL and I thought finding the contents of my fridge on the living room floor was bad.  ;D But I think yours takes the cake. You must have wanted to go back to bed after seeing all that!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 11:46:41 pm »
Last week I left the house for about a half hour and came home to the contents of our trash bin spread all over the house.  The dogs were lying quietly in the the only clean space on the first floor.  Heavy sigh, started cleaning up, and Nakita ambles over to see what's going on, comes in close for a 'hello' and belches garbage breath all over my face. :P  Couldn't help but love her.  ::)

I'd like to assure you that they grow out of it, but Nakita is 11, Bear is 5...  ;)  Just live, learn, and enjoy the ride! 
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

Offline ElleWoodsMommy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 01:56:03 am »
So funny.... I tell Elle all the time that if she wasn't so cute I would definitely beat her.

Last week she ate two loaves of bread. Yes, entire loaves of bread. First one was on the counter(my fault), second one was on top of the refrigerator. The little Satan/Houdini dog got a loaf of bread off the top of the refrigerator!!!!!

Now we keep the bread in the cabinet with the wine glasses.
Elle Woods - born 7.5.07, currently 101.9 pounds, cousin to Bella - born 12.13.06, 101.3 pounds!!
(the baby has finally surpassed her cousin - but my father claims it's because Bella had her ears cropped so she obviously lost some weight that Elle still has!)