Author Topic: I'm gonna be the neighborhood *dog lady*  (Read 7733 times)

Offline Bosmum

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
I'm gonna be the neighborhood *dog lady*
« on: August 03, 2005, 12:40:35 pm »
And my husband may divorce me  ;D

I'm getting another mix, a dobie/shar pei mix!  Sounds weird, right??  Check out the CUTIES!!  My husband only wants one more pup and he likes the blond one (typical male).  I hate to leave the other pup....hopeful ly we can find a good foster for him!

Anyone had this type of mix before??  I'm wondering how big the dog will get??

lins_saving_grace

Re: I'm gonna be the neighborhood *dog lady*
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 12:49:55 pm »
DOH!!   how cute!

I like the blonde one too! 

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 01:11:17 pm »
HA! HA! I AM the neighborhood dog lady!! The kids all come over to my house to play with the dogs (we don't have 2-legged children of our own). They literally knock on the door and ask if the dogs can play!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 01:20:18 pm »
Noone really knows my name but they all seem to knows Spikes. Even the people who own his friends that I sometimes bring him over to their yards to play with don't know my name. Heck they even know Spikes full name.
Rachael and Spike aka Mr. Popular

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 02:40:55 pm »
HA! HA! I AM the neighborhood dog lady!! The kids all come over to my house to play with the dogs (we don't have 2-legged children of our own). They literally knock on the door and ask if the dogs can play!

The kids on my street do that too.  It is getting so bad that I have to pretend not to be home.  And when I am trying to work outside I pretend not to hear them for a while so I can get stuff done.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 04:09:35 pm »
That's OK. I don't really know my neighbor's names, but I know their dogs' names!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

ann

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 07:39:06 am »

i know i'm the crazy dog lady and i love it .....i'd have it no other way...has anyone ever gave you a dumb look and made a stupid comment when they find out you have dogs in your house..i hate that how rude.......... ...........

ann

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 07:42:09 am »
I am the same way.  I have neighbors and their names are "Maggie's Mom" and "Max's Dad" and the stupid mean dog's people.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 09:04:30 pm »
I don't really know my neighbors - they don't seem nice....
Timmie

GR8DAME

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 07:55:20 am »
I've had issues with my neighbors in the past, but I love the ones that I have now. Unfortunetly, my favorite neighbor has their house up for sale and will probably move around the first of the year...sniff sniff.
Who knows who will end up there. We are know as the crazy people with the big dogs in our town, and we ain't talking a one horse town. We are actually infamous in the Chicago suburbs LOL.
Stella

Offline Bosmum

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 02:41:57 pm »
HOLY MOLY!  Well, we picked up Princess Fiona  :D last Friday.  She's WAY smaller than I imagined, but Bo likes her.  It's just weird...we're big dog people.  I barely know how to handle a little dog. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 02:45:49 pm »
Big dogs are way easier...they can't get away from you like a little  (greases pig) I mean dog!

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 02:47:43 pm »
LOL!  When we brought my son's Cocker home for a "trial" run to see if he would fit in, I was like no friggin way!  This boy is 23 pounds and 3 1/2 years old, my big boys leg weighs more than he does!  Alas he fit in wonderfully, and my son loves him, he is a great little boys dog and already trained, they play for hours every day.  So Max stays, but man is he SMALL.  He likes to pretend he is a great big dog, with great big growls and barks when someone knocks on the door, then the door is opened and "POOF"  where's max?  Hiding under Aidan and behind his tail!  It is hilarious!  He is so small he can stand under aidan, I will have to try and get a picture of it!  Shana
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 02:49:25 pm »
Grace can still go under Lady.  Missy would hide under Lady too.  she was so little.  I could pick her up and not pull a disc. 

GR8DAME

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 03:45:02 pm »
My brother had two teacup chiwawwhatever s (mojos), the largest was fully grown at 3 & 1/2 LBS. The funniest thing was to watch them play and growl just like real dogs. They met Merlin once... they were outside and he peed on one of them. I convinced my brother that it was an accident, but to this day I can still see the look of bored contempt on Mer's face and I am not so sure...LOL
Stella