Author Topic: Im losing my mind!  (Read 3737 times)

Offline kealoha812

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • "Life is short, Buy the shoes!"
    • View Profile
Im losing my mind!
« on: April 13, 2008, 06:53:18 am »
Im new here and an so psyched to be a part of your family! ONly problem is I feel like the black sheep! I am having so much trouble trying to work this site!  ???I finally figured out how to add pictures, which are too large - and attach a picture to my profile, which it doesn't seem to attach just tells me to browse and pick my picture then there is no attach button, and im trying to post and it will tell me an error has occured... help! I have no clue where this post will even end up - heck, maybe on a cooking site, or how to do underwater basket weaving... I guess Im ready to learn something new...  :) Anyway, Once I figure this all out, I'll actually introduce myself... any advice?
"A righteous man regardeth the life of his animals" Proverbs 12:10
Meli - Golden retriever
Timber - newfie/border collie X
2 skin kids - ages 5 & 8
2 cats - Maui and Maea (who own us all)

Offline BalthiesMom

• Ankle Biter
  • Dog is my Co-Pilot! :)
    • View Profile
Re: Im losing my mind!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 07:05:53 am »
Hi, Kealoa!

The good news is, you're already leaps and bounds ahead of me...you HAVE your mind to lose!  Mine has been gone on vacation for awhile. I miss it sometimes. Sigh....not really. (giggle giggle)

I had the same problems you are having when I joined a couple of days ago!  My avatar pic was too big so my hubby resized it down.  I JUST tried posting pictures a minute ago of my other pets and they were too large, too, LOL. 

I have been a part of other forums before, but they look dramatically different and are organized very differently than BPO as well. 

Here's what I know:  the categories are listed on the left side of the page. You can choose a category by clicking on the link, and then when you click "post" (also on the left), it will go in that category.

To check what is getting new posts, I am doing something that is probably arse backwards, LOL, but it works for me...I click on the "Message Board Home" link at the top(ish) right of the page.

You are not alone. You are not alone!

Since you won't officially introduce yourself yet, I won't officially welcome you yet...but soon, my dear, I hope to be welcoming you warmly! :)  I really like it here. I'm just technologicall y challenged, that's all. :D

Love,
Jen and Balthazar

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be measured in the way its animals are treated." Gandhi

You can lead a compassionate lifestyle by saving animal lives, caring for our planet, and nurturing your health!  Visit www.goveg.org

"Be the change you wish to see in this world." Gan

Offline kealoha812

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • "Life is short, Buy the shoes!"
    • View Profile
Re: Im losing my mind!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 11:27:11 am »
Thanks ladies! The tips you gave were quite helpful! I'm determined to figure this out! By the way, I did post some pics in the folders section...  Jen, you cracked me up... so here is the official intro.. drumroll please.....
I am the proud momma to a 10 year old golden retriever - Meli Kamahine(honey girl in hawaiian) a 1 year old newfoundland/border collie mix- Timber, 2 cats - Maui (as in the island) and Maea (hawaiian for unpleasant odor - nuff said). Yep, lived in Hawaii for a few years. Back in Indiana now. And I have 2 human kiddos that help clean up the poop of all the fosters I bring home...I do rescue work on the side (who doesn't right?!) and am still looking for another furkid to add to the family. I'm leaning toward a dane or a newf. My oldest, Meli, is a therapy dog for the red cross and my newfie mix if in training but is quite stubborn... "Heel? Did you say Heel? What is this heel?" IM a special education teacher by day... so a deaf dane is appealing... hmm... Im sure the right one will find me! Anyway... I digress...Than ks for the welcome everyone! So glad to be here! And look - 2 posts - Im so proud of me!   ;)
"A righteous man regardeth the life of his animals" Proverbs 12:10
Meli - Golden retriever
Timber - newfie/border collie X
2 skin kids - ages 5 & 8
2 cats - Maui and Maea (who own us all)