Author Topic: Favorite Treats  (Read 4762 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Favorite Treats
« on: April 13, 2005, 10:04:48 pm »
I know that dogs love to work for treats.  :) What are your dogs' favorite? Personally, I would have to say that greenies rank among the top, right next to beef jerky.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 10:53:04 pm by bigpawsadmin »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Jeanne

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Treats
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 11:33:48 pm »
My dogs like Beggin' Strips and Iams big dog biscuits. And, you know, anything else they can get their paws on. They both love peanut butter, and they would just about do anything, and I do mean anything, for cheese. They have eaten pig ears and the like and love them, too. But, even more than meat, it's cheese, which is great when it comes to both training and taking meds.
Jeanne
aka "Mommy Dog" to Goulash (Komondor) and Harley Quinn (Dalmatian)

GR8DAME

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 07:19:01 am »
I have the pickiest eater in the world for treats. Merlin, my dane does not like peanut butter, cheese, lunch meat, hot dogs or commercial crunchy or soft treats. No milkbones,or beggin strips, or anything of that nature. The only treat that I found for him is the freeze-dried liver that they sell at petco. Luckily my other two dogs will eat anything so they get his rejects. Will have to try the tuna treats, thanks for the reciepe.
Stella

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 02:53:58 pm »
Hi, all time #1 favorite in my house Milkbone, for training Pro treat freeze dried liver rate right up there. Before bed, we go out side & when we come in all 3 of my dogs get so excited they know they get a cookie. I want to try the recipe with the liver. Very busy lately. I'll post pictures soon.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline wabana

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Wabana's Homepage
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 06:39:23 am »
For training we use Zuke's mini naturals.  They are tiny little soft treats that don't crumble or mush together if they are in your pocket.  They come in chicken, salmon and peanut butter flavor.

K
Flatcoated Fun!