Author Topic: Moving Day  (Read 6383 times)

lins_saving_grace

Moving Day
« on: April 18, 2008, 05:26:54 am »
Mommy?  My toys are in a box WHY? 

We moved today to our new unit.  it's in the same apt. complex as before but around the corner in a quiet corner.  We love it already.  Grace was all excited and hyper about it but is on the couch exhausted.  :)

Moving is tough work for a dog.

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Day
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 05:30:01 am »
Looks like Grace was working hard haha. Glad to hear move went well and you are enjoying the new place!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 10:29:38 am »
we will love this place better.  Grace is glued to the window.  she can see the highway from the couch and watches the cars hypnotically.  We met a little chiwawa in the field today and they are now best buds.  we're both pretty pooped and sore tonight. 

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 10:35:55 am »
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Oh how cute she is helping unpack i am so glad you both are happy in your new digs! I often wonder how miss lady is doing and does she get to visit miss grace? You guy take care Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 10:42:28 am »
I haven't seen Lady since I moved.  My ex is somewhat mean and ugly and the invitation to see her again hasn't been extended.  I hear she's ok and that Homewrecker is in charge of taking care of her now.  I'm sure Lady doesn't get the same kind of love I gave her, and that pains me to death.  I haven't wanted to call him and see about visiting her and I don't want him to see Grace.   I was the one who loved and took care of Lady and Grace and having him involved in Grace is unacceptable.  Besides, he hasn't changed. 
I do think about Lady a lot though.  I tell Grace stories about her, but I think she has forgotten about her.   I try to make up for my missing Lady by giving Grace that extra kiss and hug and being that much more to her.  Somehow that puts a band aid on the gash left by loosing Lady.  And it helps with the guilt.   

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 11:04:01 am »
Oh Lin!
It must be tough to have lost lady but I am sure Grace is loving all her attention. I am torn whether or not to let Chris see Bear, he keeps asking....the thought of him and his new girlfriend and Bear makes my blood boil  >:(...but I think she misses him  :'(.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 11:08:59 am »
Oh Lin!
It must be tough to have lost lady but I am sure Grace is loving all her attention. I am torn whether or not to let Chris see Bear, he keeps asking....the thought of him and his new girlfriend and Bear makes my blood boil  >:(...but I think she misses him  :'(.

It's easier when you have Bear and you don't have to miss her.   I'm glad Chris misses her since that means he cared.  maybe you two will work out a visitation or maybe he'll stop asking.  But, I'm sure Bear will forget about him soon and you can move forward. 
I hate that Darrell says he loves Lady, but leaves her with his girldfriend.  For a man who waited 20 years to get the rott he wanted, he acts like a dead beat dad.  I'd feel better if he stayed home with her and loved her like I did and still do and want to.  She deserves better. 
You're right.  Grace loves her attention.  I am finally able to be 100% to her and am loving it as much as she is.   We bonded big time after I got my own place last year.  I was always jealous that she wanted to cuddle Darrell so much.  She is getting the love and affection and attention I think she's worthy of. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 11:10:37 am by Lin »

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 12:32:40 am »
Lin i am sure Miss Lady misses you more than you will ever know you and Grace were her world you spent so much time w/them how could she not miss you? You love those dogs more than most people love there kids and your pics of the pups always showed that! I wonder if she still has the bandana i made he for christmas 2 years ago? Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 01:31:33 am »
Congrats on your move Lins...Sounds like it is working out fo rthe best all ready. Wishing you and Grace all the best in your new home :) :) :)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 06:56:37 am »
Lin, congrats on the new place - enjoy! Sorry to hear that you still have a pup with your ex. I didn't know that. That really sucks.

Mommabear - screw him. He doesn't get to see the dog. Bear will get over it. Get him a giant bully stick instead. Same thing, right?  :P
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python