Author Topic: Corbyn- This is not such good news  (Read 29044 times)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Corbyn- This is not such good news
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 05:32:45 am »
Any updates on Mr. Corbynn??? Is he feeling any better?
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Woof98

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2008, 08:53:58 pm »
I had a few minutes and realized Paige was having issues with her email so I wanted to take the few seconds to clear something up. I don't want anyone to have the wrong impression of what occured that day.
I would NEVER EVER EVER leave my babies while the vet is working on them. Peyte and Corbynn stayed so the vet could observe Corbynn for a few hours since he had been vomiting and had diarrhea all weekend. Peyte stayed because they have never been apart. The devil vet wanted to see how he acted and told me he'd call me after lunch. My understanding was that he was to be in a cage and just watched.  No one called me to ask before they gave him the pill that supposedly broke his leg.
I just wanted to clear that up so people can get the full picture.
But I also wanted to say thank you to all who are praying for Corbynn. It's nice to know the babies are so loved. And by total strangers.
He is doing as well as can be expected. He cuddles mostly and rest. We will go back on Weds to see how he is doing. and then again in another week for staple removal. And back again for another xray. one of many to follow.
Peyte misses his time with Corbynn. He was whimpering and trying to escape. Although his appetite took over for a bit and he grabbed Corbynn's cow hoof, that was a  present, and ran with it.  That was cute though. We let him chew on it a bit since Corbynn was cuddling with his mommy, daddy & sisters. But once Corbynn realized it was missing, he started looking for it.
This is definitely taking most of my time. Between the girls, being a teacher, Peyte and other normal chores, Me and Andy are getting runned down. And it's only been 2 days.
But I wouldn't trade it...don't get me wrong, I'd turn back time and never have taken him there but wouldn't trade him being home now. I missed him so much.
Paige will keep everyone updated. I just had a moment.
Paige & Jane, you both mean so much to me. It felt like you were beside me all week. So Thank you Jane and Paige! I will let you know how tomorrow goes. Probably by phone.
It'll be a long six weeks. and even longer if the pin has to be replaced. Please keep him in your thoughts.
A special Thank you to Olesya & Lily! That made Corbynn smile...and us too.
Paige might have already told you we waited for him to get home. I don't have time to read all these pages. I will later. My baby is crying so I gotta go. XO

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2008, 01:57:45 am »
OMG! Poor Corbynn :'( That scar looks pretty BIG :(
I really hope his recovery will be nice and quick :)

(((Hugs)))
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2008, 04:52:02 am »
I am glad to hear that things are going as well as can be expected. I hope that Corbyn heals fast and well. It's so touching how Petye wants to be with his brother. Hugs to you all!
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline mastiffmomoftwo

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2008, 08:39:53 am »
I had a few minutes and realized Paige was having issues with her email so I wanted to take the few seconds to clear something up. I don't want anyone to have the wrong impression of what occured that day.
I would NEVER EVER EVER leave my babies while the vet is working on them.

I hope you didn't think I was pointing any fingers!!!
I'm sorry!!  Please, I didn't mean to give the wrong impression.
I was darned angry at the vet for hurting your baby! 
I meant that when I go I try to always be there as the vets' seem to think that because our babies are large, they are less fragile.
Open mouth, insert foot.  Sorry again.
Chris

(Beau & Luke's Mom)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2008, 12:12:19 pm »
That incision is HUGE! I would be freaking out!! Poor little guy. Is the devil vet paying for the surgery???
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2008, 10:25:27 pm »
Poor guy, Erin told me the majority of the story as its been posted. I think a lawsuit would be more trouble than it will be worth. Aven ues I would persue include the state licensure board, any accreditors that the clinic may have such as AHHA, and finally the wopper the credit card company. The credit card company could prove the best avenue as an unauthorized charge is pretty serious these days. Again good luck to you guys, hope Corbyn's battle is only easier from here on out.

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2008, 01:52:41 am »
well I am finally on the computer- I got to talk to Dawn on the phone this morning and our little Corbyn now has a stuffie that is now his security blanket, she also said that he flinches if you move around him too quick or raise your hand. Personally I would like to go have a face to face discussion with Devil vet. These babies never ever had a reason to flinch from anyone or be scared of people. This little guy has a long way to go before he has the self confidence that he had before he was injured, but I know Dawn and Andy and if anyone can make Corbyn feel secure it is them. Devil vet as of this morning has not committed to owning up to his responsibiliti es. I a hoping that this situation is going to change.
So happy thoughts to Corbyn and the Donelson family.

Offline Mama2Samson

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2008, 04:30:22 pm »
My heart goes out to all of you.  I hope that Corbyn fully recovers.  My parents lost their three year old Great Pyr when a groomer dropped her off of a table and broke her back.  It devestated our entire family.  Not only shouldn't Dawn and family pay, they should look into this more fully and possibly take legal action.  A pet shouldn't suffer that kind of treatment at a veterinarian's hands.  My eleven year old Great Pyrenees died from aggressive bone cancer this summer, and our compassionate, stellar vet came to our home to put her to sleep so that she wouldn't be afraid at the office. This is the type of care people should be able to expect.  You are in my prayers.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2008, 05:46:37 pm »
Paige, how is Corbyn doing?  I've been gone awhile so I may have missed an update on another thread, sorry.  Corbyn, Dawn & the whole family have been on my mind.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Michelle Schnapp

• Gnawer
  • Noah and Jazzy. Jazzy is a rescue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 07:22:40 pm »
How terribly sad this has happened to Corbyn.  That vet should be put out of practice along with his staff.  I'm sorry I can't help you out with the name of a good and mean attorney, but I am sending you and Corbyn good thoughts and prayers for his speedy recovery.  Pyr Pecks from Noah and Jazzy as well.  Give him a big kiss for us when you see him. 

I just can't believe things like this happen.  It totally blows my mind that anyone could hurt a poor animal.  Oh, yes, don't pay the bill.  They'd wait forever before I'd pay it.

Michelle
toledo, oh
I'm a first-time Great Pyrenees owner. Noah was purchased from a Breeder in Northern Wisconsin when he was 8 wks old. Jasmine was purchased from Indianapolis Great Pyr Rescue at 8 mos. We took Noah with us and he personally picked out Jasmine. It was love at first sight and remains that way to this.