Author Topic: If you are in Western NY Stay OFF the roads  (Read 2347 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
If you are in Western NY Stay OFF the roads
« on: April 25, 2008, 07:43:27 pm »
Life has been an absolute nightmare around here - taking mothers to emergency room at 2:30 AM - hubby goes in for major surgery tomorrow and Passover (jewish holiday where you can't eat food with any flavor and VERY fattening)

Then my son turns 16 and wants to drive - so yesterday was his first day - hubby took him to the mall (when it was closed) hubby calls and says go out to the driveway - he let him drive home from the mall!!  Not far about 10 minutes but on roads with people!!

So if you are in western ny look out for a silver X-terra with a smiling YOUNG man behind the wheel.

For all you newer Moms enjoy the babies - I was crying yesterday I remember him getting off the kindergarten bus!!

Ugh - well now we are off to rent a tux for the Junior Prom! (he's a sophmore - why oh why can't he wait!)

OK enough from the stressed, emotional mother

Randy

Icerotti

Re: If you are in Western NY Stay OFF the roads
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 07:48:02 pm »
OMG, I dread the day Lexi starts to drive and it will come sooner than I think..lol On the other hand he must be totally excited  :D Don't even get me started on the prom....lol

May your husbands surgery go well and we are sending speedy healing thoughts his way.

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 09:13:03 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well i don't thnk i have to worry about him as much as other people! Yesterday a man missed me by two inches as he just missed hitting a turning car and cut over to my lane just missing hitting me! I think i would take my chances with your son before the other crazies out there! Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 10:30:13 pm »
Awe, the first is always bittersweet! In another year you will be loving the fact that you can send him to the store for last minute items you need! And you get a driving break when you just don't wanna do it! I hated when my first started driving, broke my heart he was growing up on me. Now I have three drivers and one waiting until Nov when he can start and I love it! I dislike driving anyway, so that helps, lol. And of course, the pups love it as they get to go much more...the excuse the kids use to go someplace, the dogs wanna, lol.

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 02:01:57 am »
Mine are now 20 and 22 and its still hard to accept that fact. THe years go by so incredibly fast. I think that the first time my son too off and was headed to work and he had to get on the freeway I hd a major anxiety attack.

Good luck to your husband, I hope that his surgery went well, we are thinking about you and hope that your husband recovers quickly.