Author Topic: I have gone off the deep end  (Read 7850 times)

lins_saving_grace

I have gone off the deep end
« on: April 27, 2008, 07:41:13 pm »
Does this tell you how nuts I am?  I have to go to Canton, MI for a 2 day training for the new job.  Instead of boarding Grace at a local place here in GR, I am making arrangements to board her in Canton at this place called Valley of the Hounds.  I'm doing this so she 1.) gets to go on a long trip and I have the company for the ride and 2.) so she is only away from home for one night.  If something happens, I'll be only 5 miles away. 
Have I gone off the deep end?

Ok now i'm glad I'm thinking about this.  The new boss wants me to stay tuesday night too.  So Grace will only have to be boarded 2 nights and I won't have to drop her off Sunday night and rush home to get her by 8pm or something.  Still,  I think I'm a little nuts.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 07:45:22 pm by Lin »

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: I have gone off the deep end
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 07:55:56 pm »
i agree. They make such great company when traveling, that i would do the same thing.  I think it makes perfect sense, especially because they are only 5 min from you...but why don't you take her in the hotel with you? 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 08:00:16 pm »
i agree. They make such great company when traveling, that i would do the same thing.  I think it makes perfect sense, especially because they are only 5 min from you...but why don't you take her in the hotel with you? 

I can't take her to the hotel.  The new boss books the motel and I can't ask him for the pet deposit too.  Plus, a lot of motels have breed restrictions.  She'll be more happy at this place with the other dogs and the play time.

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 08:19:20 pm »
that is right....i forgot all about those stupid restrictions.. ..i didn't even think of rotti.. :-\ well then if not with you then she will be having her own vacation...whi ch will make your bond even closer!!  ;D

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 08:36:58 pm »
Girls goin' on a road trip! Woo Hoo! You guys can zoom up beside truckers and Grace can moon 'em!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 08:58:26 pm »
When will you be in Canton?? I live in Livonia and we could meet up with the puppers!!
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 10:32:34 pm »
I am going to be there for training on Monday May 5 through May 7 I think.  Wanna meet up on the 7th after I pick Grace up from the Kennell?  If you want to meet up before then I would either have to go get her or be without her.  That would be so cool to meet!!!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 10:33:11 pm »
Girls goin' on a road trip! Woo Hoo! You guys can zoom up beside truckers and Grace can moon 'em!

LOL   Oh that is funny.   Grace does get honks from truckers.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 10:33:57 pm »
that is right....i forgot all about those stupid restrictions.. ..i didn't even think of rotti.. :-\ well then if not with you then she will be having her own vacation...whi ch will make your bond even closer!!  ;D
I forget she's a rotti too sometimes.

Icerotti

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 11:14:53 pm »
Grace will have fun on her mini vacation. Now personally the more distance between Farley/Rosie and I the better...hhaha aaa

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 06:23:05 pm »
Canton is a really neat town.   Grace is at the kennell playing with Rambo, the 10 month old rottie the owner has.  she was having a blast when i left.   That was a good idea to bring her with me.  The company was fun and she really enjoyed it.  :)

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 07:28:20 pm »
Sounds like a great road trip! Now you can relax knowing Grace is having such a goof time on her doggy get-away!!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 08:48:31 pm »
So I get out of training early today and call the kennel to pick up Grace.  The guy at the other end of the phone screams to some lady "Have you seen Grace?  Where's Grace?  The Rottweiler."   
No, they didn't loose my girl.  She was off having fun and they lost track of her.    Afterall, how easy is it to loose a 108 pound rottweiler?
I pull into the drive to get her, and she's safe in her pen.  She was so excited to see me and ran out to the Jeep to wait for me. 
I told the lady I'd use her again if I made it to that side of the state and went off to let the dog into the Jeep. 
The office loaded me up with supplies, 2 boxes of paper and 6 boxes of toner, a fax/printer/scanner, a lap top and a small portable scanner, and then my luggage.  Grace had to sit in the way back behind the back seat.  Not a happy camper at first, but we managed. 
She had a ton of fun, but is glad to be home I think. 
I'm so glad I took her with me and boarded her there.  It was great having a navigator of sorts.  I'd look back into the rear view mirror and her face was all I could see.  That big smile and those bright eyes were so funny.  I could just see Happy written all over her face.  That was worth it for me.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 08:56:24 pm by Lin »