Author Topic: Introducing Ozzy  (Read 10768 times)

Offline Lacey

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Introducing Ozzy
« on: May 06, 2008, 12:05:58 pm »
We are the new 'parents' of a rescue puppy named Ozzy ... he is part Australian Shepherd and part 'something big' ... we're not sure what the 'big' part is but we're guessing Great Pyrenees or something similar ... he's 13 weeks and 30 pounds - 30 pounds of pure LOVE!!!

He has fit nicely into our family pack of an 8 year old female husky mix (Fable), 2 year old female rat terrier (Minerva) and 2 year old stray cat (Mystery), along with our two teenage boys (13 and 16 years old).

I am just so amazed at this living 'stuffed animal' ... he's the most affectionate, loving, adorable baby I've ever had and I can't wait to see just how big he ends up being (we're saving up for a king size bed right now, tee hee).

Thank you for letting me introduce myself,

Lacey
Lacey ... caregiver to:

Fable ~ 8 yeard old husky mix female
Minerva ~ 2 year old rat terrier female
Ozzy ~ baby Australian mixed with 'something big' male

Offline Lacey

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing Ozzy
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 01:25:46 pm »
More photos ...

Lacey ... caregiver to:

Offline Lacey

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 01:48:27 pm »
Thanks for all the nice comments ... it is so much fun to 'show off' the new baby!!!  Do I still get to be part of BigPawsOnly even though I have an under 10 pound rat terrier, tee hee???  She THINKS she's big!!!
Lacey ... caregiver to:

lorim2

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 02:16:21 pm »
Wow his eyes are amazing.  Welcome!

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 03:51:22 pm »
Hi Lacey, and welcome again!  ;D I'm Rosalba, momslave to Lucca the st. bernard pup (15 weeks), Frida (2 yr chihuahua freak), & Olive (1 yr old transgendered cat -I was told he was a girl when I first adopted him... But no).
Anyways, congrats on the new pup. He is gorgeous (as the rest of the crew) Definitely looks like the other half is GP. As for the bed, you really might need the king sized bed! I have a queen bed, and at 6 and 55+ lbs, my dogs are already taking it over!!
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 07:47:41 pm »
Hello and welcome!
Your guy does look like he's got pyr in him.  he's very handsome.

My name is Chris, mom to Keiko, a 10 yr old husky/shep mix, Gunther a 3 yr old great dane, and Nigel and Posey two 2 yr old rat terriers. (plus a variety of other critters listed below)  ;D

Offline Lacey

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 03:25:37 am »
I think it's kinda funny that some other BPO lovers have tiny rat terriers ... I truly beleive they are the largest breed of dog of all (if only in their itty bitty minds)!!!  Unfortunately, my little Minerva "Minnie" has taught Ozzy that the best vantage point in the house is sitting on the back of the couch looking out the picture window ... I have a feeling I may also need to start saving up for a steel reinforced sofa!!!

As far as the name Ozzy goes, we thought of it before we even got the puppy because a.) my teenage boys saw Ozzy Osbourn in concert and b.) we were looking for an Australian Shepherd mix ... but the moment we saw our boy and took one look at his "Goth-style eyeliner" we knew that he WAS an Ozzy!!!
Lacey ... caregiver to:

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 09:30:34 am »
I think it's kinda funny that some other BPO lovers have tiny rat terriers ... I truly beleive they are the largest breed of dog of all (if only in their itty bitty minds)!!!  Unfortunately, my little Minerva "Minnie" has taught Ozzy that the best vantage point in the house is sitting on the back of the couch looking out the picture window ... I have a feeling I may also need to start saving up for a steel reinforced sofa!!!

LOL........... ....well I can tell you that my little rats were not in the plans originally.  :)  My friend is a breeder and basically was handed them as a stud fee even though she said she couldn't take them.  They needed a home and I am a sucker for pups in need.  I had planned on only getting one but they both had characteristic s I liked.  Posey was sweet, but Nigel had better show potential.  I am now in the process of getting them registered (very late I know  ::) ) so I can finally show them.  It is a huge process in itself b/c now their parentage is in question and some other things have come up...........b ut that's a whole other story.

Love how Ozzy got his name.  I hadn't noticed the eyeliner but I often hear that about my husky mix.  ;)  People just love the "eyeliner".........lol.

Offline Lacey

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 10:46:09 am »
Minerva, my rat was a 'mistake' too!  I have never been a little dog person, but a girl at work was desperatly trying to find a home for her.  She was 5 months old and the woman who purchased her had to get rid of her.  It seems her boyfriend didn't like the fact that the puppy peed in their bed EVERY night!!!  When I asked if the puppy was crate trained, the response was "She doesn't like the crate." ... Well, she quickly learned to LOVE her crate once we got her!!!  In fact, two years later, she still goes into her crate at will for quiet time (of course she has a crate designed for a 120 lb dog, HA!  We refer to it as "Puppy Disneyland".  Funny thing is, Ozzy's crate is actually smaller than Minnie's right now!!!

I am a sucker for strays and hard-luck cases!!!
Lacey ... caregiver to:

Offline Lacey

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 04:40:07 pm »
I still have NO IDEA what I did without this guy ... it's like he's been in my heart forever!!!  We 'applied' for about 10 puppies on PetFinder.com ... but Ozzy was our first and he's ultimatly the ONLY approval we got ... God had a plan!!!  I just love him to death ...

Lacey ... caregiver to:

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 06:12:35 pm »
Welcome to BPO! Ozzy is absolutely gorgeous--love his coloring and his eyes. He does seem to have part Pyr, too. What a cool mix. I'm Jennifer and my fur kids are listed in my signature below.  ;D
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven