Author Topic: Roo Update  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
Roo Update
« on: May 09, 2008, 10:26:53 pm »
Hey guys-

Sorry its been so long- very hectic week! Someone dumped a HBC dog on my doorstep and didnt even ring the bell. Whiskey was wandering around the front door snuffling and whimpering so I opened it and here was a poor boxer/aussie mix laying in a pool of his own blood unconcious. Obviously hit by a car, but picked up as he was laying on a towel. Poor baby!!!! We took him straight to the vet but he had lost too much blood an we couldn't save him :(

Now on to Roo... who is doing very well. He is crazy hyper! he wants to play with everyone! he can run, jump, kangaroo kick and play with the best of him, but he looks like a little kid with giant shoes on when he runs! I tried to take a video but it really didnt come out too well.

Anyway, here are some new pics of the poor baby. Thanks everyone for the emails and links- I did check it out and the vet agrees that it could be a case of evere carpal subluxation syndrome, although situation due to malnutrition and probably not genetic. His is very bad though, as he is completely down on his carpal bones and only walks on his "wrists". He also can not flex or move his paws, they are basically dead- his whole bottom leg is like a giant flipper.

I have been told braces, surgery and pins probably wont help- we are to give him a very special diet and lots of vitamins and therapy and hope it bounces back some and he can "get back on his feet". Because of his age though (about 8-10 months old) she does not think he will really come back up... she said most people have luck when it is caught early, and she thinks the cartlidge build up around his carpal bones is too thick to really help the bones slip back into joint. *sigh*

There's a fund starting for Roo- I am putting it up on the website tonight. If anyone is interested in donating to help him they can through paypal at www.adoptcarol ina.com. If any of you wonderful BPOers think that you may want to adopt him..... well :) you know where I am!!!!!

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Roo Update
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 10:29:59 pm »
he is just a baby??? OH THE Poor thing....hopef ully he will get back on his feet super fast! 
The poor boxer...why can't people take responsibility and do the dirty work? No one likes to do it