Author Topic: hey, it wouldn't let me introduce on "introduce yourself" so i will start here!!  (Read 8021 times)

Offline droolsrus

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
hey, this is droolsrus-Tami i have recently gotten a english mastiff puppy. he is 16 wks old. his name is Hoss and is a apricot brindle.  at 16 wks he only weighs about 45 lbs.  i am thinking that he is very small for his age. his parents were both about 170lbs.  is he behind or are we alright on the growth chart? he was the biggest puppy of all his brothers and sisters,but i'm thinking he is behind.

help!!!
thanks

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
I dont know anything about the wieght of Mastiffs but just wanted to say welcome to the board!!!!

I am Amber and I am mommy to 3 "fur babies" Bell a almost 3 year old Wiemeraner, Baxter a 2 year old English Springer Spaniel, and Buble (BooBLay) a 3 month of English Springer Spaniel.  I also about to be a new mommy to our first "skin baby" Payton. 

He love pics around here so feel free to post as many as you want!!! ;D :D ;D  I love mastiffs!!!
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
I can't help on the mastiff question but just wanted to welcome you to the board.  I'm Kat and my crew is listed below.  Can't wait to see some pics of your new boy.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
hello! i am lauren and i have titan mastiff pup who is 11 mos and 3 year old great dane.
At 12 weeks titan weighed in at 32 pounds...at 16 he was about 53 or so pounds.  He is 11 months now and about 200 pounds..well.. .180-190..they grow fast..i don't even remember him small!!! good thing for pictures!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Welcome to BPO :)  I think he is fine. You don't want him to grow to fast or weigh to much it can cause bone damage down the road.

Nina
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 12:50:46 pm by Nina »
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

lorim2

I think he is fine also.  If hes happy and healthy then I wouldnt worry to much about him being to small.  I would love to see pics of your baby!! I am Lori...and have many critters including an almost 3yr old English Mastiff named Marley!  So welcome aboard!

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Welcome to BPO!!  Gunner is our first mastiff pup.  He is 11 weeks old and about 30 lbs and he was the biggest in his litter as well.  The ladies here have been pretty awesome with any questions I have had, I hope you enjoy it here. Cant wait to see pic's of your boy! 
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Welcome, welcome!!!!  As has been stated a few times already; can't wait to see pics!!!!  I don't have a mastiff....yet, so I can't answer your question but you're in the right place for it!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
hello and welcome!

Your guy sounds alright to me.  Not that I have a mastiff but Gunther my great dane was around 40 lbs at 12 wks.  Each pup will grow at different rates.  Ones that are runty now may end up outgrowing the largest of the litter down the road.  You just never know.

As long as he looks to be a good weight (not too skinny) and is healthy, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  :)