Author Topic: Alaskan Malamute sled dog pics  (Read 13610 times)

Offline arcticjoe

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Alaskan Malamute sled dog pics
« on: August 04, 2005, 11:29:00 pm »
Hey, new here, thought I'd post some pics of my team.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Re: Alaskan Malamute sled dog pics
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 03:44:57 am »
What a great looking team...that alsways seems like so much fun
Timmie

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 06:14:31 am »
What an amazing picture. I checked out your web site and saw some of the other pictures! AMAZING!!!!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 06:22:12 am »
They look awesome!!...Welcome to B.P.'s!!!...I have always liked that artic breeds if that is the correct termonology... I plan on sledding with my two too but on a much smaller scale...My kids need some help on their sleds because our yard is so flat...lol...I also would like to cart train them & enter them in town parades...I have the diagram for a lightweight pulling cart for them to start on...Any ideas, info. or advice for me?...Ty!

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 01:55:27 pm »
That is so cool! I love all of the different kinds of things everyone is involved in with their dogs. We learn so much.
Anyway, I too checked out your website and it is great. I love the Meet the team page. Just wondering... where do they sleep? So many of them is more than just a handful! :)

Offline Kirsten

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 02:56:09 pm »
i want to go on an expedition.... is there a Big Paws Only member discount??

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 05:47:45 pm »
Hi Joe, welcome to BPO! Your team looks really nice and it must be so cool to have such a large fur-family  :)
RIP former BPO

Offline arcticjoe

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 12:08:30 am »
thanks for the welcome and the pics everyone! Been gone awhile,  Yes, I have kinda of a big family of 22 mals and a few huskys, these guys are great, I live 30 miles south off the arctic coast in Alaska, pure dog country. They love every minute of it (sledding).  and yes there is a discount for all Big Paws members on my trips.  Thanks again for the welcome!!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 12:23:53 am »
Cool!...I'm curious...what's the difference in temperment between Mals & Huskies?

Offline arcticjoe

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 10:40:32 am »
The difference in the temperaments are quite a bit, the Mals are a calm laid back dog, compared to most huskies which are kinda hyper, especially when pups, I know there are alot of exceptions. the huskies were bred to either race or run fast as the mals were bred for strength. and a slower pace since most eskimo teams only consisted of around 3 dogs. The mals seem to be born a people freindly dog, probably because they were used as a family dog also. The Alaskan huskies have some mal blood in them but they were basically bred down in size in the 1930's when racing started to become popular.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 11:21:31 am »
Ty for the info.!!...Your dogs are gorgeous!...There were a couple of Huskies at the "swim with your dog" event at the public pool last night...I love those eyes!

Offline Kristen

• Ankle Biter
  • Tyrone and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 12:54:55 pm »
Those are awesome pictures! I have to admit that I love seeing Malamute and Sibe teams to Alaskans (shh, don't tell my guys). Mals and Sibes are so beautiful and they look suited to the enviornment perfectly.
Kristen & The Dog Gang
Sled dogs rule!

Sherwen- Alaskan husky
Tyrone- Alaskan husky
Kaltag "Kallie"- Canadian Inuit dog/Malamute
Jacques- Bichon frise

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2005, 01:12:34 pm »
Wow, you have a pretty big team.  They look great, and I'm sure that they do have alot of fun, as that is what they were born to do.

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2005, 08:13:42 pm »
The only thing I can say is absolutely georgous! We have a mal that will be 7 mos on the 18th and we love her. I would love to take one of your trips.  Your dogs look so happy! ;D