Pit Bulls > Pit Bull Discussions & Pictures

Homeowners Insurance with a Pitbull?

(1/3) > >>

AudgePadge:
Hi Everyone!

Good News: WE'RE IN ESCROW!!! it's our FIRST HOME in beautiful Norco, CA. 

Bad News: Are we going to have trouble getting home owners insurance because of Monty?

Since I'm new to this home buying thing...I thought I'd ask if anyone has had this come up? and what I can do...I don't want to pay an arm and a leg just because Michael Vick is an idiot...

Does he look like a liability to you?

lorim2:
hahahaha...I dont know anything about your question but just had to comment on that pic.  That is sooo funny..He is really cute too.  Is he xtra big or is it just the camera adding 10lbs?  Or maybe the hunkering over position hes in!!

TINKSMOM:
I don't know if this will help, but some professional dog trainers do "temperment testing". Have you inquired with the insurance company what documentation they would require to prove you have a "non-aggresive" dog. It may help to have it documented by a professional and your vet as well if he/she is willing. You will also have to have  the required fenced area of course, then surely, you should be able to find someone to insure you.

KiraNGunnersmom:
nope,  looks like an asset,  he's fertilizing!! ;D

AudgePadge:

--- Quote from: lorim2 on May 13, 2008, 11:32:23 am --- Is he xtra big or is it just the camera adding 10lbs?  Or maybe the hunkering over position hes in!!

--- End quote ---

He's a little on the heavy side...After Lola passed away...we doted on him a little bit...but now that Roscoe is in his life...he's a little less potato and more chip I guess you can say...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version