Author Topic: Welcome Newly Newfed  (Read 9772 times)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
Welcome Newly Newfed
« on: May 03, 2007, 06:22:28 am »
Hi Everybody!  I'm new to BPO.  I have just become owned by a beautiful little Newfoundland named Sierra.  She's about 14 weeks old and she's my little pride and joy.

As a child I was surrounded by Siberian Huskies and St. Bernards so as far as I'm concerned, the bigger and furrier the dog, the more I like 'em!  I have never owned a Newf, though I've always desperately wanted to, so Sierra is like a dream come true.  Now i just have to convince my husband we need a Husky too and I'll be one happy woman!  LOL!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline lambor

• Gnawer
  • my forever love-- lambor
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Newly Newfed
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 01:50:06 am »
Hi Everybody!  I'm new to BPO.  I have just become owned by a beautiful little Newfoundland named Sierra.  She's about 14 weeks old and she's my little pride and joy.

As a child I was surrounded by Siberian Huskies and St. Bernards so as far as I'm concerned, the bigger and furrier the dog, the more I like 'em!  I have never owned a Newf, though I've always desperately wanted to, so Sierra is like a dream come true.  Now i just have to convince my husband we need a Husky too and I'll be one happy woman!  LOL!

hello~~ friend  I like your dog,your dog very cool ,I have an alaskan malamute dog ,I am from Canada,I hope that we can make friend~~  talk about dogs.I am crazy about dogs.
dog is my all ,enjoy my life with dog.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 11:51:18 am »
Hello and welcome.  Can't wait to learn more about you and your new furbaby.

My name is Chris, and I am the slave to Keiko, a husky/shep mix, Gunther, a great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two rat terriers...... .....and a few other non dog critters.

Offline newfiesx3

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 08:45:16 am »
 :)Hi there, I'm new also. I'm proudly owned by 2 Newf boys and a Landseer female. They say Newfs are like potatoe chips.....once you have one...then another and another! Your little girl is so adorable, I miss that age. I bet she's a love. I had a Saint as a kid, so I completely understand! The bigger and the furier, the better. Our oldest boy is Elvis 3yrs, Stitch 2yrs and Audrey is 10mos. I look forward to seeing more pics as she gets bigger.
My heart,soul...house,car,bed,kitchen,....wallet all belong to three beautiful Newfs. I wouldn't have it any other way. Hmm..we could have 4 or 5,6....

Elvis-3yr male (#1 lovey)
Stitch-2yr male (Elvis's baby bro & WILD child)
Audrey-10mo female Landseer (wanted a Hepburn, ended up with a LILO!)

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 08:24:05 am »
o yes there are quite a fiew newfies around here! your sierra is a sweetie, must post more pics of her!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 11:15:11 am »
Welcome!  ;D

Sierra is just beautiful!
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 08:46:30 pm »
Welcome!  Looking forward to learning more about your menagerie!!!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 02:37:29 am »
Welcome from one newbie to another! I need to know more about the deer!! I know this isn't Big Hooves Only, but I can't be the only one wondering - do they live on your land, or do they just kind of frequently visit enough so that you've named them?
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 03:51:03 am »
Nope, they are pets.  We live on the side of a mountain and have lots of room, so they are in a big pen.  We can't let them loose...first of all the Game Commission won't allow it and anyway, our buck had a beuatiful symmetrical 8 point rack with a 17 in spread...any hunters out there will know what that means...

Most of them are tame and we had two babies born in May..  two little boys named Samson and Peanut.  I am bottle feeding so they will bond with us and be tame.  Sadly, Samson and our rabbit Martin got out of their pen last night and God only knows where he is.  We'll probably never find him.  If we actually do I'm changing his name to Miracle.  I'm just sick about it...He probably won't survive...he's still dependent on milk...

You can see pics of Sierra with the fawns here: http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,18194.msg222955.html#new

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 06:41:21 am »
The fawn is back!  My 16 yr old was cleaning her room today and looked out her window and there was the fawn, trotting up the driveway.  She went outside and called it and she said it ran over to her and started making baby noises and licking her hands and looking for food.  Poor thing was half starved, but otherwise fine.  He drank 3 baby bottles of milk...He normally only drinks just over one bottle.  Then again he hadn't eaten for almost 48 hours. 

I'm amazed he knew where to go to get home.  I'm just so relieved he's back!!  And my girls and hubby agree that we should change his name from Samson to Miracle.

The bunny too, is ok.  He's still out and about...the little stinker won't let us catch him.  But he's hanging around the yard.  We've seen him a few times.

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 07:12:49 am »
thank god!, nothing is worse than loosing a pet and never knowing what became of it. im so happy for you, that's also a relief that they know how to get home, incase houdini should excape again! happy 4 u!!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline bella4me

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 12:35:01 am »
Hi
  Proud momma to Bella Tricks the Newfoundland, 17 months old, Patronous(aka Bumpy)the Neapolitan Mastiff, 17 months old and Grifindoor the English Mastiff, five years old and this summer we will be the proud parent to a new male newfie his name will be Hagrid and we are so exited for our new fluffy boy.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 07:16:59 pm by bella4me »