Author Topic: Doggie Day Care  (Read 4412 times)

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Doggie Day Care
« on: May 20, 2008, 12:10:47 pm »
I have been taking my girl to doggie day care 2 days a week and am now making 3. She has so much fun and it is so good for her socialization. She plays with a dobbie, 2 rotties and a chocolate lab. She really has come out of her shell since going there. She play bows and just loves to run in my yard now. I have read so much about danes being so upset at new situations that I wanted to make it seem normal to her and I really think the daycare is really helping. We came upon a german shepard running loose in the park and she just stood there and let him come to her and showed no fear. The tails were wagging in no time. Also a tired pup (10 months now) is a good pup at night! ;D
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
Re: Doggie Day Care
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 01:21:33 pm »
Yes Bear loves her doggie daycare as well! She used to be shy around dogs but now loves to play and run with her daycare pals.  It is such a help to me now as a "single mother" (lol) as I sometimes work long hours at the hospital.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Doggie Day Care
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 04:23:13 pm »
I think day care can be a great time for your dog(s).  I work at one and most of the dogs there seem to have a good time.  Rarely are there any problems and if there are, they are handled immediately.

I'm hoping to start bringing mine now and again once I have some money......... lol.